Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:noway:

It took a spill about 3' down to the sidewalk and go a pair of nice thin cracks. Screen and input still works fine, but I will say this: Gorilla glass or no, my iPhone 2G took a few more dips than this and never cracked. Pictures as soon as I figure out how to take pictures with my phone of my phone. :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small crack, that does not affect the performance of the device at all?

New Phone Day!!!!! :D

Lucky you. I always love when I get an excuse to buy a new phone.
Naw I'll wait out my year until my contract is up. Phones are one thing that do not GAS me. :yesway:

I meant use a mirror to take a pic of the phone.
I knew what you meant, but chose to take the self-effacing route just the same. :D Also, I'm pretty sure it would require at least two mirrors.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Jeez, I dropped my Droid much more than you and never cracked that Gorilla Glass. It had a few knicks on the bezel from where it landed on concrete and all. What finally killed it was a 4.5ft drop off a bar table onto the ground landing flat on the back, disconnected the screen internally so I had no display or interface. Warranty replaced it though, even though I told the guy at Verizon exactly what happened.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeez, I dropped my Droid much more than you and never cracked that Gorilla Glass. It had a few knicks on the bezel from where it landed on concrete and all. What finally killed it was a 4.5ft drop off a bar table onto the ground landing flat on the back, disconnected the screen internally so I had no display or interface. Warranty replaced it though, even though I told the guy at Verizon exactly what happened.
Think I might be able to get away with that? It's still perfectly functional and doesn't bother me, but I worry about the longevity of the device at this point. It's already a refurb unit as my original's screen went all Looney Toons on me.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Think I might be able to get away with that? It's still perfectly functional and doesn't bother me, but I worry about the longevity of the device at this point. It's already a refurb unit as my original's screen went all Looney Toons on me.
Can always try... I got lucky that the guy who rang mine up had a Droid, and he told me he'd dropped it tons of times and it was still fine, so he did a warranty exchange :rofl: You might also get lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.