Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Crate blue voodoo ( usa built)

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Reverend 7 Strings of Hate 
#1 ·
looking at these babies and it seems great, you can get a good condition one for around 300. And mod it for 3-500 ( i've read some things saying modded bluevoodoos beat damn near anything)
anyways im looking at the 120 version head
pretty dead set on the cab atleast

but i wanted to know if anyone has one and how brutal they can get i play that yelling stuffs

#5 ·
they don't call it the Blue Doodoo for nothing.

Lol, I'm sure you can make it work but for $300 I would put my money elsewhere... and it will be hard to make your money back when the time comes to sell. Their cabs with v30s are legit though. I've heard better things about the BV150 though. The 120 not so much.

#7 ·
They are decent for $300 or so if it comes with a matching 412. But I wouldn't put much money into modding one.
Most of the dudes on here are going to give you shit for wanting/owning one because people around here are chock full of modern metal amp propaganda. :lol:
A while back one of the local GCs had a complete Blue Voodoo stack(with 2 Celestion V30 loaded cabs) for like $800. I thought it sounded great! But then again, I really dig that old school boosted Marshall tone. But I wasn't really in the market so I passed.

#9 ·
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

Eh we had a red voodoo half stack for like 2 years at work. Not the worst sml I'd heard but for 300( if its just the head) I'd look elsewhere. Even the later solid state crate stuff was superior IMO.

#12 ·
well damn, i saw and heard some shit of people shredding the fucking fuck out of those things. I have an hd 500 already so i'm just gonna get the cab and see if my rig sounds better through my glx 1200 instead of my gx-15 1x12 hahaha damn crate for being so cheap, but my combo amp sounds really good somehow 0-0

#19 · (Edited)
gt1200h from crate (that sadly enough got discontinued). I believe mine has the caps upgraded, guess i'll have to open it up at some point to see what got modded to it.

Didn't cannibal corpse use blue voodoo's at some point (vile era)? wretched spawn video has owen using one in the studio me thinks & i think he's played em live aswell.

The bv's do the mid scooped classic deathmetal sound very well but for the more modern tones they're not exactly the greatest amps tbh. The clean is acceptable & for some reason i always skip the middle channel on pretty much any amp really. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.