Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Videos for our date aren't up yet...but here's the run down:

Picked up a 4 by 12 cab and threw it on the ground
Draped an American flag over himself
Masturbated twice on stage
Tried eating the microphone
Hung from rafters
Threw a 4 by 8 sheet of plywood on himself
Tried putting on a balloon condom (on his weiner)

It was the craziest shit I've ever seen. He's super nice though and we talked for like ten minutes...

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
My old band did a full U.S./Canada tour with these guys and Enter Shikari. They're by far the craziest live band I've ever toured with, and they're like that every single night they play. They have so much energy, and it doesn't hurt that their music is fast, angry, and awesome. They're some of the nicest and most down to earth people I've toured with, as well. :yesway:

Edit: During our set on the last date of the tour, they all came out with huge sheets of Saran Wrap and wrapped us up while we were playing our last song. We left the stage that night to find that all of our personal possessions left in our green room had also been Saran wrapped to all hell and back and tossed onto the top of Enter Shikari's massive trailer. It was awesome. :lol:

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My old band did a full U.S./Canada tour with these guys and Enter Shikari. They're by far the craziest live band I've ever toured with, and they're like that every single night they play. They have so much energy, and it doesn't hurt that their music is fast, angry, and awesome. They're some of the nicest and most down to earth people I've toured with, as well. :yesway:
I spent a legit ten minutes talking to their singer. He's a really nice and down to earth dude. I've been having a rough month, but his set really inspired me. He was just so happy about that, and he told me that I've really inspired him.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
I spent a legit ten minutes talking to their singer. He's a really nice and down to earth dude. I've been having a rough month, but his set really inspired me. He was just so happy about that, and he told me that I've really inspired him.
That's the kind of guy he is dude. He legitimately cares about his fans and anyone who wants to talk. The rest of the band is the same way, too.

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the kind of guy he is dude. He legitimately cares about his fans and anyone who wants to talk. The rest of the band is the same way, too.
They were all super nice. I had conversations with all of them. (While watching blessthefall haha). Only time I've smiled in at least three weeks was talking to them. I actually broke down crying during The Wonder Years set. They were the only reason I came...I wasn't planning on going.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
They were all super nice. I had conversations with all of them. (While watching blessthefall haha). Only time I've smiled in at least three weeks was talking to them. I actually broke down crying during The Wonder Years set. They were the only reason I came...I wasn't planning on going.
That's awesome dude! However letlive. (there actually is a period in their name) is waaaay better the wonder years, but I don't like pop-punk :lol:

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome dude! However letlive. (there actually is a period in their name) is waaaay better the wonder years, but I don't like pop-punk :lol:
Soupy is a lot like me...his lyrics are good at capturing how I feel.

letlive. letlive. is one word. :lol:

I do dig them, and to be honest I grew up on metal but moved more into hardcore/punk...

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

I love this band, just caught their set in Toronto, which was amazing as always. Saw them in a tiny club here a few months back with maybe 30 other people, and it was incredible. He ripped the pop screen off an SM58 with his bare hands :lol:

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I love this band, just caught their set in Toronto, which was amazing as always. Saw them in a tiny club here a few months back with maybe 30 other people, and it was incredible. He ripped the pop screen off an SM58 with his bare hands :lol:
He picked up a 4 X 12 cab, through it in front of him, stood on top of it and draped an American flag over his shoulders.

:murica:

·
18,790 Posts

arweryn said:

He picked up a 4 X 12 cab, through it in front of him, stood on top of it and draped an American flag over his shoulders.

:murica:
They have two 4x12s that don't have speakers in them, specifically for the purpose of beating the shit out of them. They're old ones that got too beat up on the road. In Toronto they played next to a water park that's been closed for a couple of years. He ran off, hopped the fence, and came back with a rubber raft that wasn't inflated, and crowd surfed on it. I've never seen security at a show look more terrified and lost :lol:

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

They have two 4x12s that don't have speakers in them, specifically for the purpose of beating the shit out of them. They're old ones that got too beat up on the road. In Toronto they played next to a water park that's been closed for a couple of years. He ran off, hopped the fence, and came back with a rubber raft that wasn't inflated, and crowd surfed on it. I've never seen security at a show look more terrified and lost :lol:
Yeah, it didn't look that heavy...or plugged in.

He managed to shove his hand down his pants and rub his dick for more than three seconds twice during our set.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

:lol: the name rings a bell.

·
18,790 Posts

He's also an insanely good (and consistent) singer. His dad was a professional musician, so he grew up in a musical family. He was going to be in a soul group or do musicals/Disney stuff until he saw Chino from Deftones stage dive off a stack of speakers. He nails every single vocal part live (except when he's intentionally leaving out parts for the crowd to sing, or he's off on his crazy antics).

The thing that gets me is that he's always stone sober and always seems fully in control and aware of what he's doing, almost like he's coming up with this stuff about 5 seconds before he does it. It's all part of the show.

Someone mentioned they should tour with Dillinger Escape Plan, and he said they'd love to, although he's a little worried they'd start competing and things would get seriously dangerous :lol:

·
is just really nice.
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

He's also an insanely good (and consistent) singer. His dad was a professional musician, so he grew up in a musical family. He was going to be in a soul group or do musicals/Disney stuff until he saw Chino from Deftones stage dive off a stack of speakers. He nails every single vocal part live (except when he's intentionally leaving out parts for the crowd to sing, or he's off on his crazy antics).

The thing that gets me is that he's always stone sober and always seems fully in control and aware of what he's doing, almost like he's coming up with this stuff about 5 seconds before he does it. It's all part of the show.

Someone mentioned they should tour with Dillinger Escape Plan, and he said they'd love to, although he's a little worried they'd start competing and things would get seriously dangerous :lol:
He has an Air Jordan sXe tattoo on his left calf and I thought it was the funniest thing. He told our crowd that he isn't good at expressing himself and talking about himself to other people, but I'd say he and I had a great conversation. He's a super sincere dude, and I think he really appreciates conversations with fans. He's insanely crazy on stage, I don't know if I would ever find someone else with his stage presence.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts