Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so now that I've got Halo : Reach, and my new 360 and an actual internet connection between my 360 and PC - I'm gonna set up my Live. I USED to have a GT on my old console, and it's still up on Xbox.com and whatnot, so I can't use the same e-mail; therein lies the problem. The e-mail I set up is my main e-mail so I don't want to use another one, but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to delete my Xbox.com account :scratch:

Anyone know how the hell I can make a new gamertag on this 360 with the same e-mail?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Why don't you just recover your old gamertag?
If it's too old, sometimes you can't. I ran into that with my old original Xbox gamertag.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Call them, its the only way, i had to do something similar.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why don't you just recover your old gamertag?
Along with what Josh said, I also kind of hate my old gamertag. It's from a point that I've outgrown and I just want to move on from it; nothing bad, just terribly old and outdated.

Edit : Also, all the stuff that was on my old 360 has been deleted since I sold it to a friend. Everything = gone.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick though : could I just recover my old gametag and change the name and have it be good to go? I assume everything would be kept the same and it'd be on the new console with just a new name.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You have to pay with MS points to change your gamer tag:noway:. BS MS...
That's to prevent people from griefing, I like it. :yesway: Otherwise you could be a giant cock to everyone online and just change your GT if they blocked you.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have to pay with MS points to change your gamer tag:noway:. BS MS...
Yeah I know, but I've been meaning to pick up some MS points for a little while anyways so two birds with one stone possibly?

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
That's to prevent people from griefing, I like it. :yesway: Otherwise you could be a giant cock to everyone online and just change your GT if they blocked you.
I don't think that would work since it would be still linked to the e-mail. So blocks and reports would probably still work.

Yeah I know, but I've been meaning to pick up some MS points for a little while anyways so two birds with one stone possibly?
Sure if you like. I'm a cheap bastard so i'd probably call them and try to cancel the old account then make a new one with the e-mail.:rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts