Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just jumped over to here:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/finance-economics/30362-credit-cards-hell-9-worst.html

...to check to make sure that the one I just applied for wasn't too bad. I ran this fella...

Free Credit Card Payoff Calculator for Excel

...and I made the executive decision to get my shit paid off. I managed to get a limit of about 1/4th what I owe, but at 0.0% for a year, so I can at least spend a year doing transfers and paying it down as much as I can, while still trying to hammer at the original two cards.

Oh the things I'd like to go back 10 years ago and tell myself :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thing is, I really don't have that much debt (sans school loans). I know the average credit card debt is a lot more than what I owe, and can't really imagine looking at a payoff time of 5~7 years. Fuck.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Im feel intimidated by my credit card balance and its only 3 digits :lol:. I cant fucking IMAGINE having like 30k+ in credit card debt.

·
HOLY DIVE-AH!
1,727 Posts
The things you own end up owning you

But you can't take it with you. So, have fun while you're still alive and leave your debt to the state like everyone else :D

·
18,790 Posts
My credit card debt is more than 3 digits, but less than 5. I need to see about lowering my interest rate (because I can, and keep forgetting to do so while the bank is open :lol: ). It'll take me a long time to pay it off, most likely, especially since my current employment/financial situation isn't great. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to go back to school for a "real" career or if I want to try to really go into business for myself and take a stab at this whole music industry thing (starting out with mixing/editing and maybe some session work, and building up to hopefully having a small studio).

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
I just paid all my CC debt 2 months ago. I wouldn't mind going back 15 years and talking to myself, but it wouldn't do any good. People told me for years that I shouldn't abuse credit cards. I'm just glad I woke up eventually.

Glad to hear you have a plan and the desire to be free of it. It's an awesome feeling when you get there. :yesway:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Gonna try this out when I get home. I've been fighting paying off my card since I bought my house and put all my renovation expenses on it :( I've got it to half of what it once was, but I still hate having it :wallbash:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'm at 3 figures with 19.x% interest :( - gotta get it paid off ASAP. I have other debts that aren't charging interest but still need to get paid as well.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

briansol said:
my total debt is near 1.6 million.

Looking at the long term of things is really depressing sometimes. lol
What the fuck? :eek:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I "should" be totally debt free in like 7.5 years as my house and student loans will then be payed off. Of course then I will probably buy a larger house and start all over again :lol:

$1.6mm !! we need a "Fuck that noise" emoticon :rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts