Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I had a Yamaha RGX 620S back in the day. Had a proprietary Yamaha made Floyd style trem, 24 frets, 2 hums, mahogany body, rosewood board. Neck was a little thick, but it played really phenomenally. I bought it at Guitar Center for $80, did some repair work to it, and flipped it for $200. Wish I didn't sell it, it really was an awesome guitar, but I needed the money.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Yeah, really that whole company kicks ass.

I'd love a Bongo baritone!! And the Silohette (sp?) kicks major ass.

The Washburn N4's are awesome guitars.
As was the true Stevens Extended Cutaway, the EC-29 and EC-36. Mine, which I should have never sold:

I put an original Edge in mine, since I got it with no hardware or electronics, and an X2N and Lace Sensor. The Lace Sensor sounded fantastic, but the X2N never fit right to my ear, I should have swapped it for a D-Sonic or something more bitey.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I briefly had an EC-36, which I also wish I still owned. The EC-36 was a bit difficult because you have to pick over the fretboard, but it's still a really fun guitar to play around with. With practice, I was able to get usable stuff up to the 33rd fret.
I couldn't go past 24 :lol: But access to 24 was just astounding, plus the guitar looked amazing, and sometimes it was fun to tap around 27-29 :rofl: I also really liked how the Lace Sensor sounded in that position, it got some killer cleans. I really need to get more Lace Sensors, I've been really impressed with every one I've used thus far.

Forgot to mention, the Yamaha had a pop-in whammy bar, wasn't exactly like the Edge bar, but in a pinch it worked in an Edge trem :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I LOVE these old RGXes... they had some really innovative ideas... the angle jack (way before Ibanez did them), the split bolt-on plates (way before AANJ) and a height-adjustable locking nut.

If memory serves, these were 24 3/4" scale too, weren't they Adam?
Yep, and that's where I first saw the back routed angle jack, always loved the design aspects of that guitar. The trem was also incredibly stable, it had replaceable knife edges like the Edge, but IMO it had better, more solid saddles, they seemed to be made out of steel, not pot metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.