Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously guys, catch this tour if you can. :metal:

some local band, then the boys in THE SERPENT & THE SIREN (POSTHUMAN ONLINE!!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads came on. They had a good set, good energy and clint has ridiculous vocal capabilities :eek: (and he's a nice dude). Turns out Jackson MG dinky's have nice necks *sigh*.

After that was Abacabb. Rather brutal music, yes - but synchronized two-stepping and full-body type headbanging (you know, the type where you are basically moving up and down with your legs) looks.. fucking dumb :lol:. a few of us birst out laughing. Decent set, wasn't overly impressed or anything like that.

After the Burial - please catch this band's live show as soon as you possibly can. These guys can PLAY! Their live setup was 2 full stacks? (6505+ and triple rec) and I think a bass rig similar to Mike's (Eden something). The drummer had a massive cymbal rack and a huge kit, it was obscene :D. Also, the guitarists were both sporting custom-finished Ibanez RG2228's - i dont think they were LACS, just refins. These guys had the most crisp stage sound of the night, and put on a hell of a show. Watching trent work that RG2228 was fun :drool:.

Veil of Maya tore it up for the closer :yesway:. Marc has switched over to a washburn of some sort apparently, still sounded sweet and it looks pretty metal haha. As usual, the band was hella tight - they put on a great performance :yesway:. The setlist was nice and varied with some older and newer material - a few myspace classics and some older stuff. Overall, very tight set and high energy. My only complaint was that I couldn't really hear much of marc - i dunno if it was the angle his cabs under his V2 were at (i wasnt directly in front of them) but I had trouble hearing some of his lines.

Overall, easily worth $13 :D and I'm glad I bought the latest VoM and ATB albums :yesway:. Currently listening to after the burial :metal:. Bummed out that Fellsilent couldn't make it, as that would have just tore the roof off the place.

CATCH THIS TOUR!

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I did.

It was awesome.

ABACABB couldn't make it but Veil of Maya and After The Burial were incredible.

And yes, the ATB guitars are just finishes, they aren't LACS.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will post my pics tomorrow probably.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Sweet.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man, i listened to ATB's CD at least 4 or 5 times today (and im listening to it now).

I picked up my guitar, and even after warming up i just feel i cant hold a candle to being able to play that kind of music. My only solace was kind of figuring out one of the rhythms they use :lol:.

*sigh* this is one of those "i want to quit doing this" nights lol

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Yep.

Says it on their myspace page.

I listen to ATB all the time on my way to class and in my computer math class.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts