Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
"RAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" chunk-chunk chunk-chunk chunk-chunk chunk-chunk-WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

<click>

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I am not a fan of this style, but it does go to show that a good song is a good song regardless of the treatment.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yeah, I have played a couple shows with Season's After. They are awesome guys and really tight players. Nothing super technical, but still good :)

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I am not a fan of this style, but it does go to show that a good song is a good song regardless of the treatment.
:agreed:

It's got the very over-produced-current-metalcore-"trendy" production style all over it. It lacks emotion, dynamics and punch.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
I always liked this song. Not a fan of this new cover though. I think they were close to making it a cool cover but too many elements did not mesh for me. The over produced drum sounds and chuggy hardcore riffing lost it for me.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like it, myself. They did a good job. I think Matt hit the nail on the head. It really is a great song.

There's a couple other cool covers out there, too.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
I think it could have been done better, but for me, i think they get points for just thinking outside the box and doing a different cover of a song no one would expect.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
It's not too bad, though I'm not sold on the screamy/core bit. Having said that, the video has some ladies writhing around, which is nice:

I have to admit I think Aiden's cover for Lost Boys 2 is better (which pains me as I dislike Aiden with a passion), bar the slightly weak vocals:

I also quite liked Carfax Abbey's cover too (look away now Dave, its gothic/industrial :lol: )

Ventana's cover is "intersting" too :ugh:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, the Aiden cover is pretty damn nice.

And fuck Dave. He's Grumpy Dwarf. He hates everything. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

I have to give the vocalist credit for doing a great job with the clean parts. He really sold it. The metalcore cover treatment is just so tired at this point. Stop ruining 80s pop songs and go write an original tune already.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

I have to give the vocalist credit for doing a great job with the clean parts. He really sold it. The metalcore cover treatment is just so tired at this point. Stop ruining 80s pop songs and go write an original tune already.
heeyyy-oooooo. c'mon... it's papa burgandy!
i might be drunk

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Dave, thanks so much for shitting all over my thread. Great way to be a pal. I just love when I find something I think is cool and want to share it with people, having someone come in and tell me how much it sucks. It's great to have friends who do that for me. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.