Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up today, and finished the first ~45 minutes or so.

Game is decent. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. It has a 28 Days Later vibe to it (modern day city, disease, dead people everywhere).

The combat/suit system is more of the same, and it starts out with you getting blown the fuck up in a submarine, then shot up by a giant UFO while you and your marine friends all drown.

Then you wake up in a basement full of corpses, right after someone shoots themselves in the head. Yep. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Graphics still nuts? :lol:
I have to assume they are on PC, because when C1 came out, myself and everyone else I knew had to upgrade our shit. :lol: I think that's one of their claims to fame, kind of like the original Far Cry.

It looks good on Console, but there's so much awesome shit out these days, it's hard to call it nuts. Bulletstorm was better looking.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I enjoyed the hell out of the first one, other than the last half hour or so with the Zero-G shit. It was so poorly implemented, and just didn't fit the rest of the game.

Stealthing through rice paddies mugging VC was epic fun though. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Maybe I'm getting Far Cry and Crysis confused :scratch: I can never remember which one is which, and I remember getting frustrated with both since I didn't want to upgrade my computer to run either effectively :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I take it you got the achievement called 'Can it run Crysis?' :lol: I totally get you with the 28 Days Later vibe. I described it more I Am Legend looking. It's an awesome games like.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
This computer I'm typing on was built to run Crysis. I can tell by playing some of the newer games, it's going to need to be upgraded again!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This game is, uh, well... It's not as good as I hoped it would be. I have a feeling it's a lot better on PC.

All of the pieces are there, but the AI is crap. You unstealth anywhere, and regardless of how far away the enemy is or if they have line of sight on you, they'll start shooting. That, and it only saves at certain checkpoints. So you can spend 15-20 minutes stealthing around killing people in cool ways to get to the objective, and if you die - you start all over. This is mostly just checkpoints (as I understand it, though I just got to my first one), but it's still annoying.

It does give you a lot of options, and some of them are pretty cool, but if you're approaching it like a straightforward FPS you'll be disappointed. A lot of the fun in this game is tactics.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
give it time.... i thought it was decent at best for the first few hours but im really enjoying it now.

I think its been really well done. Its not overly complex but still really enjoyable IMO.

I use the stealth kills more often that i actually shoot enemies and i find it quite satisfying!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
saw a TV commercial for it yesterday. Had no idea and was just looking at the quality of the graphics. Then at the end I'm all, "Ohhhh, that's Crysis 2." Gonna download the demo on PS3 and see how it looks/plays.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Got this yesterday, put a few hours in so far and I'm really enjoying it. I really like that the suit powers are so much more streamlined than in the first installment. I always thought it was silly that I had to use a dedicated suit mode to jump high or punch things harder.

I really like that the game gives you the freedom of attack a given encounter several different ways without being too sandbox-y but keeps you moving along really without feeling like too much like your on rails. Seems like most modern shooters are at one extreme or the other (mostly the latter).

The multiplayer is really fun too. It's basically a really well done rip-off of CoD with superpowers, better maps, and less bullshit killstreaks.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh, oddly, I think it kida sucks.

The whole game is cloak/shoot/cloak/shoot/cloak/shoot. I hear the MP is good, though.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED CLOAK ENGAGED

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Heh, oddly, I think it kida sucks.

The whole game is cloak/shoot/cloak/shoot/cloak/shoot. I hear the MP is good, though.
I think this is one of those games, kind of like Arkham Asylum, Prototype, or Bulletstorm (which I actually haven't played yet), where it's real easy to get through the game using the same tactic, but you don't have to. I realized pretty early on in this game that I could get through most of the game just doing what you said, but it's by no means the only way, and I've had a lot more fun since. Some places I cloak/shoot/cloak, others I go charging in with Armor mode and a shotgun, and others I try to separate and stealth kill the enemies one by one.

It's very much a sandbox-type game in that respect; the game is built with the expectation that the player will treat each area/set piece as an opportunity to get creative, not just as something to beat in order to proceed. Then again, that's just me. I fucking loved the first game because pretending to be the Predator and flinging North Koreans through outhouses was awesome.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finished it.

Meh. Long as hell, I'll give it that, and the second half is a LOT better than the first. Plot was awesome, just wish the gameplay was a little better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts