Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I put down a deposit on a 2nd guitar from Dylan right around the same time as ordering my 7-string.
Anyway, this guitar is going to bear some similarities to make them look coherent as a duo, but it's also going to have a very different aesthetic.

Here's the spec:

-Dæmoness Cimmerian 6-string body. "Contemporary" top carve
-Swamp Ash body, 3-pc birdseye/flamed maple neck w/birdseye board
-5A flamed maple top, matching headstock overlay
-BRIGHT PINK stain (!!) on the top, natural satin back
-decorative 12-th fret inlay design (secret for now)
-Black bound neck and h'stock
-Schaller Hannes bridge, Sperzel locking tuners
-Pickups to be decided

So, this thread won't be as picture intense as the build thread for the 7-string.

Here is the first batch of pics, as you can see, the build has already progressed quite far.

Finally, this always makes me chuckle when I see it:

Also a little thing worth mentioning is that this was comissioned before my endorsement with Bernie Rico Jr guitars. Bern knows what's going on and all is good :yesway:

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahah, not sure how easily the word 'tasteful' can be applied to a lurid pink stain/maple board combo. Perhaps 'rad', or 'dude, totally bitchin' might be more suitable? :lol:

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
You should have him stain the flamed maple in the neck the same color as the body for extra fr00t :agreed:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
there is no such thing as too far for fr00t!

Looking great! Send that my way later, please :wub:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
When did you get endorsed by Rico? Did I miss a memo?

Outstanding choice with the HxS pickup configuration. That guitar is going to be killer. :metal:

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing the progression. Dylan has taken on a lot of orders since mine and Roo's 7's got their public unveiling, so he's looking to knuckle down and motor through the builds. Hopefully it'll be done within a couple of months!

When did you get endorsed by Rico? Did I miss a memo?
I think it was made official back in April. Can't wait to get my hands on my first guitar, this lovely thing:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Awesome news, Dylan's work is really impressing me. And I bet that inlay is going to be killer whatever you decide for it. Also great choice on the SC in the neck :yesway:

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got back from Dylan's workshop.. it's time to reveal the inlay!

For those not familiar with it (and I wouldn't expect you to be!), it's the eye from the Red Seas Fire artwork.

The rest of the guitar is coming along great too, here are some snaps of the progress on the carve:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts