thats fucking AMAZING looking, my god!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Wow.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Not a fan of those finishes. I don't know, maybe I just don't want my guitar to look like an old pair of jeans. :shrug:

I know. I never understood why these people can't learn how to play the correct way like the rest of us lefties.
Yep, another lefty who plays righty here. :)

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I think it looks great. I love the rounded bodies on Carvins.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Holy hell, that is stunning. I'm the opposite of Shannon, I love the faded jeans look.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, that's Eric's (elq) from SS.org. I'm not a huge fan of that particular finish, but I love the fact that Carvin went so far off their normal spec choices for that. They typically say they'll do unique things if they've got the time in the shop, and with the economy, there's a lot of down time for them, and it's an excellent time to ask for funky stuff.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Holy hell, that is stunning. I'm the opposite of Shannon, I love the faded jeans look.
Living in Seattle, I'm sure Shannon gets his fair share of faded jeans on a daily basis :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is that the blue "denim" finish?
Yup.

Not a fan of those finishes. I don't know, maybe I just don't want my guitar to look like an old pair of jeans. :shrug:
I generally don't like the denim finish either, but this one and then the one that Mike Sherman did I like. They seem to have found a good balance between the blue and the worn look.

I think it looks great. I love the rounded bodies on Carvins.
Normally I prefer the non-rounded sides, but it looks great on this one.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

eleven59 said:
I think the rounded edges look best with the natural back :agreed: This is hot.
I agree, and I didn't even know they can do that. Must be something special again.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
that would be my smoking carvin :)

I'm glad some people like it. There were quite a few fuck-ups on Carvin's part so it didn't arrive exactly how I planned. But she's still a pretty nice guitar for the money: ~$2k (including 8% tax - fuck California btw) - though I'll never do it again.

re: playing lefty - I started playing guitar when I was 11. I was a stubborn little know-it-all bastard and playing left handed "felt better" after my years of intense air-guitar. Playing righty is one of the many things I'd love to go back time to tell myself.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the 727.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts