Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone!!!
I am new user...:agreed:

I am searching for an amp for metal (doom-death metal,paradise lost,katatonia, my dying bride...)

Low watt for exercise at home... and for studio with drummer...

Orange dark Terror or Koch startrooper?
Thanks a lot...

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I'd suggest trying out the Koch before you get it if you can. They are on the darker side, and it can be pretty difficult to get good modern metal sounds out of them, especially looking at the Startrooper. I don't know much about the Dark Terror to be of any help on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd suggest trying out the Koch before you get it if you can. They are on the darker side, and it can be pretty difficult to get good modern metal sounds out of them, especially looking at the Startrooper. I don't know much about the Dark Terror to be of any help on that.
Thanks...:yesway:
I can't find any information about the startrooper...What do u mean they are on the darker side?
Have you an experience on this amp?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Not that particular one. Koch, to me, just have a bit of a low mid, darker sound to them, which may be something you're going for or that you like. It may work for you, but you just may want to check it out first if at all possible. They are a little bit of a different animal than your run of the mill, go-to current metal amps.

Best cleans I've ever heard, though!

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I say go for the Koch, then. I love my Twintone, but just not for metal. It's great for smoky, dark lead stuff and cleans. I've actually never even thrown an OD or Tubescreamer in front of it, but I hear that livens them up a little for the heavier stuff.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Yes, it does have a high gain 3rd channel, but even in my experiencouting some of their other amps you may still benefit with a pedal up front.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I can't speak for the Koch, but it's got to be better than the Dark Terror, which I can only assume that the "Dark" in its name is referring to the poop sound that emanates from it. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I must find time to hear the two amps...it's not easy for me now...
This is the reason of the post to find informations...

But when i decide i write about...

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I played a Dark Terror this weekend and loved it. However, I was going for an amped-up legato lead sound, not a modern metal tone. I can see how it would be too dark for that.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I wish I could get mine to sound like that!

Don't get me wrong, it's a really good amp, I just haven't had a lot of luck getting a sound like that out of it, and it's probably just me. I found that it works great for other things, so I didn't really bother much with it, because I have other stuff that I can get the other sounds out of that I'm going for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand my friend(is this so difficult to take this sound?)...but u think that this amp can play something like this video,or is just a video?
Nothing about a pedal....just amp distortion...

#1 Gear testing:
amplifier: Koch Twintone II
cabinet: Aurora Luminance 112 (V30)
guitar: PRS CE24 '95

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
#1 Gear testing:
amplifier: Koch Twintone II
cabinet: Aurora Luminance 112 (V30)
guitar: PRS CE24 '95
If that's all that's there, then I'd be surprised. Ironically, most of my playing through mine is with a PRS CU22 '96, Scarlet Red as well!

I've been considering swapping the speaker out of mine as well (something like a V30 over the Jensen that's already in there).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If that's all that's there, then I'd be surprised. Ironically, most of my playing through mine is with a PRS CU22 '96, Scarlet Red as well!

I've been considering swapping the speaker out of mine as well (something like a V30 over the Jensen that's already in there).
I have been confused...
Have u ever doing a home recording with koch?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts