Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sad news just came out on Dave Mustaine FB Page:

- "I’ve been diagnosed with throat cancer. It’s clearly something to be respected and faced head on - but I’ve faced obstacles before. I’m working closely with my doctors, and we’ve mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90% success rate. Treatment has already begun.

Unfortunately, this requires that we cancel most shows this year. The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form. All up to date information will be at megadeth.com as we get it. Megadeth will be back on the road ASAP.

Meanwhile, Kiko, David, Dirk and I are in the studio, working on the follow up to Dystopia – which I can’t wait for everyone to hear.

I’m so thankful for my whole team – family, doctors, band members, trainers, and more.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

See you soon,
Dave Mustaine"

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
The odds look good for him though. Here's hoping he gets through it ASAP

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Any kind of cancer is scary shit. My father had esophageal cancer back in the 90's and was given a 17% survival chance, which I was not told until after he was in the clear (still in the clear to this day). They ended up removing 7" of his esophagus and 1/4 of his stomach, then stitched them back together, which I guess is the equivalent of putting stitches in a pot roast.

Best wishes to Dave and his family.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Cancer likes to take its chunk before it moves on, hopefully Dave recovers fully without losing too much to it. Sucks though :(

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
man this is really sad news. Dave is one of my guitar heroes. I hope he makes it through this OK!

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Man, woke up thinking about it with this album stuck in my head...

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My first introduction to Megadeth and still one of my favourite songs from them (or any other band).

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Man... I really hope he doesn't lose his vocal ability to sing live.
I know many of you don't care for his voice. However, it'd be heartbreaking not to see him being "him" essentially.

Many prayers for Dave. This just blows... I haven't even seen Megadeth still and they have been a huge influence on me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts