Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted already - I did a search using the handy new search tool and couldn't find anything.

Dave Mustaine joined Gibson. I don't listen to a ton of Megadeth, but I thought this was pretty interesting. Off the top of my head I can't think of such an established artist joining a company like Gibson without having really played them before (compared to, say, Hetfield, who played Vs and Explorers in the early days).

The new Dave Mustaine Collection will include Gibson, Epiphone and Kramer models - gearnews.com

Screenshot 2021-02-24 083255 by Phil Babbey, on Flickr

Screenshot 2021-02-24 083313 by Phil Babbey, on Flickr

I actually think I like the Kramer the best.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Nice Gibson V's.

... He stills need to have a Fender V before the end of his career. That's about the only company left on his list.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
I don't hate them? Not in love with them either, though. His peak was with Jackson and ESP. I'll be actually interested when he makes a sig guitar cooler than the ESP DV8.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
The Kramer is my favorite of the bunch but I’m still “meh” for the most part. It’s a great sign for Kramer as a brand so that makes me hopeful. Kramer has also released an all black Nightswan and an Aztec Nightswan (from the Vivian Campbell ads back in the day) so I’d really love to see a Kramer Sustainiac model and/or a holoflash version come back.

Reactions: Cycletech

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I think the Jacksons were the only cool Mustaine sigs (or were they even officially signature models, or just King V's?) - these look pretty meh, the Deans were terrible, and the ESPs were pretty boring as well.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
The Kramer is my favorite of the bunch but I’m still “meh” for the most part. It’s a great sign for Kramer as a brand so that makes me hopeful. Kramer has also released an all black Nightswan and an Aztec Nightswan (from the Vivian Campbell ads back in the day) so I’d really love to see a Kramer Sustainiac model and/or a holoflash version come back.
I'd be curious to hear feedback about those new Nightswan...

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
for the most part, it’s actually been fairly positive from the Kramer fanatics. They aren’t as good as the originals but that’s going to be kind of a given. Most people have expressed some minor issue of some sort that they’ve been able to work through and then eventually form a positive opinion.

Most recent review on Kramer Forum

Reactions: playstopause

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think I've ever seen one in a store (not that I go to stores a ton - the closest big box is an hour away), despite them stocking a huge amount of Gibsons and Epiphones.

I like the look (especially the EVH style ones), but I haven't gotten too excited about them just because I assume the quality is around the Epiphone level, and I haven't been a big fan of the majority of Epiphones I've played.

When I bought the Gretsch, I was looking forward to trying the new Epiphones, since there's been so much hype about them. I played a Maestro SG that seemed pretty good, but the others were brutal. I was seriously considering buying the SG Special or LP Jr, but they were both awful - crazy neck bows, and super high action despite the bridges being decked.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I'm a huge Dave Mustaine fan but those guitars are really ugly to me, wish he went back to Jacksons and made silver V with them.
Agreed.

Every single one of those just looks "cheap."

That "Rust In Peace" V is the worst looking of the bunch. Which is a shame considering how sick his DEAN R.I.P. V was.

Reactions: Megametal7

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
These get a resounding "meh". You'd think they'd want to offer something more unique for Dave freakin' Mustaines sig...

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The control spacing is completely fucked. The top most pot looks like someone amateurishly drilled a new location into an existing guitar.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
That's literally been every single Dave Mustaine model guitar ever. WTF switch position.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts