Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Someone posted that on Facebook - I'm not 100% sure as it's a super challenging piece, but I suspect I could do better than that. Very least, I'd have the humility to request that we play it a bit slower, if that's how i sounded at tempo.

...which makes you wonder if it's just nerves - I mean, they MUST have rehearsed, right?

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Wow.. I was thinking this was a Youtube joke video. I'm sure it has something to do with it being recorded with a phone, but his tone couldn't be much more harsh and unpleasant.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Wow.. I was thinking this was a Youtube joke video. I'm sure it has something to do with it being recorded with a phone, but his tone couldn't be much more harsh and unpleasant.
Nope, sadly - I saw it attached to a review of the show from someone who evidently was in attendance.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:puke:

Way to botch some of the most iconic (albeit overplayed) Baroque pieces of all time. Leave the classical stuff to Yngwie :lol:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I have my doubts as to how real the first video is… the symphony sounds too "big" for the number of players there, and Dave's moving his hands for the introductory bars, but there's no sound.

Flight of the Valkyries, though… that's definitely real. And it's awful. SO MANY sour notes. :(

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I don't really love the Yngster, but I think you HAVE to respect him.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Man, watching that Yngwie performance is intense. Not sure if that's a direct feed from the concert or if it was redubbed for the video, but fuck is that some clean playing.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I have my doubts as to how real the first video is… the symphony sounds too "big" for the number of players there, and Dave's moving his hands for the introductory bars, but there's no sound.

Flight of the Valkyries, though… that's definitely real. And it's awful. SO MANY sour notes. :(
I'm not sure - if someone overdubbed it, they NAILED the timing on his vibrato, which is perfectly in sync in the video with the audio. And reading the descripton it looks like the show itself had some trouble with the sound, where the guitar was cutting in and out in places as the mic was feeding back - it very well MAY be real.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.