Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that I am in fact a fan of megadeth, (and of course broderick \m/). I love the fact that Dave's stayed true to the routes of thrash metal consistency for the most and still continues to do so... but god did he hit some honkers during this performance at around 0.45 :rofl:

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
At least his new Dean looks relatively cool
I'm wondering if even that is a slight dig, considering a certain other bands frontman has just gone back to using white explorers to try & re-create the glory days.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Isn't Dave Mustaine's horrible vocals redundant? :rofl:

Don't get me wrong; I like a lot of Megadeth stuff, but the vocals have never been their strong point.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts

Don't get me wrong; I like a lot of Megadeth stuff, but the vocals have never been their strong point.
True, but they've gone from merely bad to completely ruining the listening experience. That's pretty impressive.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Yep. They were never that good to begin with, and they have only gotten worse over time. Having said that, they are not nearly as bad as the "oh-ah-oh" "may-ee-yeah" that Hetfield throws at the tail end of every single fucking line he sings these days.

I think it is sad that my two favorite thrash bands have rendered themselves unlistenable to me. :(

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Oh, and this song sucks. Is this the same guy that wrote "Holy Wars"?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I disagree. He put in a bad performance, and hit two horrible notes. His vocals just suck these days.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
That was awesome. :lol:

·
Would You Kindly?
487 Posts
I thought the whole thing sounded pretty awful, but particularly Dave's vocals.

Would've been better to just watch Broderick do a 4 minute solo.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
:agreed:

Megadeth have put out some pretty awesome albums, but it's the guitar riffs, solos, and all that that really makes the music awesome. Dave's vocals can sometimes be pretty cool in their snottiness (especially on albums like "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?"), but they are definitely the weakpoint of the band and can be annoying at times -- especially on the last 4 or so albums.

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The song in its entirety sounds so obnoxiously stock, even the little lead thing that Broderick was doing didn't move me. Not to say that he should be shredding every minute of every second of course. Just felt like he could have been a little more creative, (unless Dave wont allow it lol) It goes without say that Dave's writing most of the music and Chris seems like a pretty creative player/writer. I'm not sure how long Chris is going to last with Megadeth to be honest, I can't see a monster talent like that not being used.

But if it were me, I'd do the Megadeth gig as long as I could and rack up enough money & rep to take care of me for a long while... then form a SUPER GROUP with Virgil Donati, Billy Sheehan and Maynard on Vox :-D But like I said, thumbs up to Megadeth for staying true to thrash since day 1, (for the most part)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts