1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
you can dooo eeet!! :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yup, about there with you. I had a few playing golf over the weekend, but in the last week and a half I've had 9, and none since Sunday morning. 8 bucks a pack is a pretty good motivator. :lol: I've been running in the morning too which seems to help take the edge off. My lungs already feel better.

Good luck man. :wub:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Well, you know I was talking with you recently about doing this too. I still plan to, but now I think my job has made up my mind for me. I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying although my health benefits are going up no matter what, I won't get as much of an increase if I quit smoking. Of course, I have to prove I quit to keep the price hike a bit lower.

Good luck, bro. I guess this means we won't be drinkin' together for a while. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck, bro. I guess this means we won't be drinkin' together for a while. ;)
Fuck that. :lol: The main reason I'm quitting smoking is so I can concentrate more on drinking. :metal:

Chris, I've been thinking about snagging another mountain bike for the same reason as you running. :yesway: I really need something like that to do.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Fuck that. :lol: The main reason I'm quitting smoking is so I can concentrate more on drinking. :metal:

Chris, I've been thinking about snagging another mountain bike for the same reason as you running. :yesway: I really need something like that to do.
:lol:
When I quit, I plan to take up running. You now need something to do. As bulk of my smoking is work-related (going to & from work, during breaks & lunches). I'll just go for a jog to keep my mind off it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts

It certainly helps as a reminder of how much crap is in your lungs. That's the worst part of quitting - the two week period where you just constantly hack up all the awful crap in there. :\

I'm off the sauce as well until I can safely say I've kicked it. Might try the gum.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With my allergies and asthma I've been hacking up all kinds of stuff all ready. :lol: This next week is going to be fun!

I think I can totally drink and not smoke. I do it a lot at home, actually. And I plan on practicing too. :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Well, I just emailed a friend who quit with the help of a hypnotist. It worked for her & I have no fucking willpower when it comes to smoking. The last time I quit, I was on Zyban (basically, Prozac). :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Good luck, D-Bot.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Congrats and keep up the good work :yesway:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Stick with it man......21 days.....just 21 days.....

:yesway:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, guys. :metal:

Still doing good. And I've even had a couple beers tonight. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts