Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up. Anyone else try it yet?

Hated the POV in the first one, something about it (as opposed to, say, Arkham, which was over-the-shoulder done perfectly) made it very uncomfortable to play for me. Hoping this one won't be the same.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really liking the second one so far. I don't think I've ever died within 30 seconds of starting a game before. :lol:

The camera angle is the same - it's just a bit too zoomed in, so I find myself unintentionally craning my neck ever so slightly when I play. I actually have to stop every few minutes and rotate my neck around. It's manageable, I just wish it wasn't the case.

As for the game itself, I'm about an hour in and it's pretty damn awesome. Challenging, creepy, awesome graphics and spooky as hell. :yesway:

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Yeah it really does meld the elements of some of my favorite/the best Alien/sci-fi/survival horror movies and games all into one.

I [probably should have mentioned F.E.A.R in there as well. Good to hear it's as great as it should be :lol: I'm up to the latter half (i assume :nuts: ) of Chapter 4 in the first one :lol: Need to get 2 as soon as I'm done with this one :D

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I picked it up on release, but haven't gotten the time to play it yet. Damnit, I haven't even started on AC: Brotherhood yet which I also got on the release -_- Too many good games coming out these days.

Anyway, as soon as it gets dark I'll start DS2. I have a feeling it won't be as scary as the first one though. But we'll see. Maybe I don't have to take a break every 30 mins because of my nerves. The first one made me scream like a little girl :lol:

·

745 Posts
I've played it 'till Chapter 3 or 4 (don't remember) and it's all kinds of awesome! Unfortunately, exams don't let me play anymore :(
As for the game itself, it feels more like an expansion of the first rather than a sequel. I'm having a lot of fun with it though :D

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I've played it 'till Chapter 3 or 4 (don't remember) and it's all kinds of awesome! Unfortunately, exams don't let me play anymore :(
As for the game itself, it feels more like an expansion of the first rather than a sequel. I'm having a lot of fun with it though :D
Nice. Then I'll put up some cameras like I did with the first game.
I don't know if my sister and her friend wants to watch this time though:

Haha.
Afterwards the boy was all like "meh, it wasn't that scary" :p

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's fuckin' awesome! :lol:

The last one is the best. :lol: :lol: "I think it's crap. It's really crap. If I ever see it somewhere, I will take a hammer and slam it."

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
That's fuckin' awesome! :lol:

The last one is the best. :lol: :lol: "I think it's crap. It's really crap. If I ever see it somewhere, I will take a hammer and slam it."
Nah, the second video is the best... look at those faces, haha.
Is this real or acting? :lol:

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
I loved the first one. Shredding through the second one now. Enemies seem to be smarter this time around and though they nerfed the line gun in this one, the ripper is badass this time around.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got to the second DVD, and I have to say that this game is straight up awesome. Now that I'm used to the POV, I REALLY have to play the first one.

That aside - there's really nothing I don't like about this. The weapons are all great, the combat/aiming is great, the graphics are fantastic, it's spooky as hell and there have been at least a dozen or more times that I almost jumped out of my seat. :lol:

I'm playing on normal and will do a second run on a harder difficulty, but I'm finding it juuuust a teeny bit too easy for my uber-geek self, so you "veterans" might want to kick the difficulty slider up a notch.

One of the things that I really like is that the ammo is sparse, but not obnoxiously so. It's just enough so that you really have to time/aim all of your shots and make them count. The gameplay makes yourotate through weapons a lot and use everything, because you never have enough bullets to mindlessly go Ramboing through enemies. It's a great challenge and it gets you using all different things instead of just sticking with one combo (like shock/wrench in Bioshock, for example). It sounds like nothing, but it's one of my favorite things about it gameplay-wise so far.

Really, really well done game. I'm about ~7 hours into it and I think I just hit the halfway point. You spend SO much time creeping around with your gun drawn because man, NOWHERE is safe, the ambiance is creepy as fuck, and you're always expecting shit to jump out at you.

Definitely pick this up.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I loved the first one. Shredding through the second one now. Enemies seem to be smarter this time around and though they nerfed the line gun in this one, the ripper is badass this time around.
Early spoilers (Chapter 3 or so, which I assume you're past):

Did you jump when the fucking alarm clock went off? :lol:

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
I'm on Chapter....8?..9? Somewhere around there.

The only part that made me jump so far was
That fucking smiley face sun in the day care place

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:lol: Dude same here! That was my #2 jump after the one that I spoilered above, haha.

I just got to the top of the solar tower, with the AI and the dude with the birds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts