Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for making the connection on my new "upgraded" Bold micro-usb instead of mini-USB, like my old Bold 9000.

It was extremely fucking convenient being able to use the same cable for a bunch of different things, and it wouldn't be as special if I didn't have to use a separate cable for this phone.

Twats. :mad:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It's not the same cable you can use to charge your Kindle? My Kindle and my Droid X share the same USB plug, and I thought that was the "new standard" for phones these days.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it is the same as the Kindle. I haven't had to charge the Kindle since I first got it though, so that cable stays in my briefcase. :mad:

On the other hand, I have 239842394 miniUSB devices. :mad:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
When was the last time any cell phone maker used mini usb instead of micro?

Get with the times old man!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'm starting to get to the point where I'm less likely to buy something if it has a proprietary connector/plug/thing, because I don't feel like carrying a bunch of those around with me. I've got a mini-usb thing for my car, and who needs more.

Also, that might have a lot to do with me getting older :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that's not much better. :lol:

Proprietary < *.
I'm doing a "wipe handheld" right now on the 9000. I could do a Wipe Bitchass Canadians too. :squint:

Also, there doesn't appear to be a Today theme for this thing by default. Fook.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I'm sure there are some freebies in the App World.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this, coming out later this year.

Updated version of the 9000 with micro usb goodness. Has a touch screen, but I don't overly care for that part of the device. I just want a 9000 with updated specs. :agreed:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
With all the money you save on your bill each month you could buy around a billion micro usb cables. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With all the money you save on your bill each month you could buy around a billion micro usb cables. :lol:
That's not the point. I just don't want to have to deal with them all. :lol:

You should see how much crap I have to travel with in terms of comm gear. I could seriously make a cocoon for myself out of all the fucking cables I bring with me.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
That's not the point. I just don't want to have to deal with them all. :lol:

You should see how much crap I have to travel with in terms of comm gear. I could seriously make a cocoon for myself out of all the fucking cables I bring with me.
Fashion a belt out of micro usb cables! They'll be out of the way, yet always on hand when you need them, and they'll hold your pants up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts