Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
selling custom ibanez jem

This guitar is probably the best playing guitar I have ever played, but I do not play it enough. It has an Ibanez Wizard II neck that flys, and the action is just perfect. The body is a black stain on natural wood and it looks awesome. There is a monkey handle and its an AANJ neck, which gives you that extra reach right on the upper frets. There is a floating Floyd Rose tremolo worth around 100 bucks on it with locking tuners. The pick ups growl, wail, scream, and even go into heavy blues and smooth Strat like cleans. I have a high end 150 dollar Dimarzio pick up at the bridge and its split. Its a 500w out put pickup and its EXTREMELY LOUD, and still sound amazing. It also has a dual rail stacked humbucker in the mid position, but it looks like a single coil these things go for around 70 bucks, and you can get those nice single coil sound plus a nice distortion. The neck pick up is a Duncan design, but don't be fooled. This thing is awesome for some nice heavy blues or some really warm rich sounds. The guitar is all custom built with a guitar tech which is why I got the pieces so cheap. I have seen just the body and neck on eBay going for around 200 bucks. The pickups cost me a good amount but I really need the money so I am willing to go way below my ideal asking range. This guitar is a steal, but once its gone its gone. I am willing to negotiate price, and MAYBE this is an extremely strong maybe even consider a trade.
I cleaned up the grammar and spelling a fair amount between whats actually posted but wow. "Worth around $100 for the Floyd Rose" Well, according to Guitar Parts Depot, the cheapest 6 string OFR is only $170. Hmmm. "A high end Dimarzio pickup that cost $150" Well now, that's just sheer bullshit. The only 500w output pickups that Dimarzio offer are the D-Activator X and the X2N and both of these go for gee, only half the price he listed. I don't even care to ask why he would but a Duncan Designed in a "custom Ibanez JEM." I think he saved the best for last though, "The guitar is all custom built with a guitar tech which is why I got the pieces so cheap." Face to palm ration? Over 9000 right now.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
idimarzio makes no 500w output pups dude. noone does :lol:
500mv?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idimarzio makes no 500w output pups dude. noone does :lol:
500mv?
I forgot what the output was measured in so I was like "if I leave watts they'll no what the correct term is/what I mean"

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:shrug: It's not like he's listing it for $2,600 or anything. $375 is a bit steep, true, but he's not making it out to be a real Jem or worth thousands, either.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
You're missing the point Drew. We're a bunch of elitist dickbags. We show no mercy. :agreed:
Yeah, but on the range of people deserving no mercey, this guy's probably a 2 or 3. Stupid, but not maliciously so and not likely to win a Darwin award any time soon. Given the title and the "facepalm ratio: 9000" bit, I was expecting a perfect 10. :fawk:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Wow, that thing looks horrible. :lol:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, but on the range of people deserving no mercey, this guy's probably a 2 or 3. Stupid, but not maliciously so and not likely to win a Darwin award any time soon. Given the title and the "facepalm ratio: 9000" bit, I was expecting a perfect 10. :fawk:
To be fair I guess thing that set me off was that he said Custom JEM in which this is really neither. It looks like a JEM but it's more like a Build Your Own JEM kit...that's really poorly assembled

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Meh, snag it for $200, put $300 into it, have a pretty sleek mutant axe.
:agreed: What I was thinking. It looks to be an Ibby neck, so if the fretwork's any good then it should play pretty well. If the body doesn't totally suck (and it looks like a pro replacement Jem-style job, so it shouldn't), then an OFR, a new set of pickups, some light sanding to get the black off everything but the deeper grain, stain of your choice over the top, and tung oil and you might have something pretty nifty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts