Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Am I missing something about Gibson besides ridiculously high prices for pretty standard guitars that haven't changed in 60 years?
Yeah, you're now paying more for that pesky quality they finally eliminated.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'd never buy a guitar online unless it was like a backpacker or a starter kit for somebody. I got my RG7620 from Guitar Center's used inventory sight-unseen since I was pressed to find a better but cheap 7-string than the Samick I was tooling around on. It was a disappointing experience, though I have a good guitar now after some work.

I've never gone and repeatedly tried out Les Pauls, though. I'm tempted, so I can learn whether mine's any good or not. :lol:

I've always gotten compliments on the feel and sound of it, but it's got a screwy neck.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I am too - that is why I balk at buying them online without trying one first.
I also am this type of guy, but I am also usually on a strict budget. I try out whatever I can, but the bulk of my guitar purchases come from Used.guitarcenter.com or musicgoround.com. guitarcenter's used site is a blessing to me, because half the employees are too lazy to look up the value of anything and you can really find some stupid good deals. As an example, I payed $450 for my Gibson V with gigbag, I payed $250 for my Schecter PT goldtop, I payed $850 for my Mesa, about to pay $199 for a Hamer Vector XT. I can't find deals like that anywhere else, no where local, and not even ebay has deals like that usually. I guess I don't feel so bad because I know any guitar I purchase would be traded to someone rather than sold if I don't like it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts