Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Dr. Blast, your label released a bunch of awesome records in the past, some of them are in the lsit of my all time favourites. Well, i know you have to make money for your living, but what the fucking hell were you thinking by releasing THIS?

Lol, to be honest - i dont really care for 'Blast these days, but i just saw this video, and the "WHAT THE FUHUHUHUHUHUCK!?!??!" does not go away, so i wanted to share that. :lol: Catholic TakeThat for the new "Metal" generation? Do not want.

Oh, and i only knew this band by their name, never heard a song of them - did they always sound like the Backstreet Boys?

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
What really pisses me off is that the male singer is English, so they've started marketing themselves as Swedish/British. Don't hoist that shit onto my awesome nation :nono:

The only interesting fact about this band is that the bass player is Adrian/Daniel Erlandssons cousin. And that can't save them.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
They supported Gojira/In Flames a couple of years ago (I was only there to see Gojira), and they were fucking awful, but they were trying to play some kind of swedish influenced metalcore, not this god awful "music". I think they had 2 vocalists then, but I wasn't exactly paying much attention...

·
Read Only
3 Posts
How do you get to that "ballad", from this:

Not that these songs are good, but :scratch: The bassist is hot though.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I actually really dig the Chorus to that Denied song. The ballad in the first post is fucking horrible though. This band sounds like a poppy Soilwork IMO.

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Unfor I cant see shit because they block the tube at work, (and all tubes for that matter HIYOO). I've heard a few songs from them in the past and to be honest I really dug what I heard. However, thats not to say the above videos are amazing. I'm really anxious to see how bad it is now!

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfor I cant see shit because they block the tube at work, (and all tubes for that matter HIYOO). I've heard a few songs from them in the past and to be honest I really dug what I heard. However, thats not to say the above videos are amazing. I'm really anxious to see how bad it is now!
Let me just say - i did not overact when i referred to Take That and the Backstrret Boys. That might give you an idea of what you can expect. :lol: I jsut listened to the first time to something else fromt his band (the opther 2 posted videos) - well, to me thats extremely boring, but i can at least see why people dig this, or what this has to do with "metal" or anything...this "thing" i posted in the first post...no.

Oh, and the bass player.. :jj:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
The bass player is hot, in that "Even the smallest of dicks would split her in half" Goth kind of way. They opened up for... wait for it... Opeth in Philly a couple of years ago. Yes, Opeth. Her tits very nearly popped out of her shirt the entire show.

I haven't seen the video (Tube also blocked @ work :noplease:), but you know what's probably worse? About 30% of the sonic content of the show was pre-recorded, not live. All of the ambient washy stuff and half of the drumming and all the segue/intro materials were clearly just being pumped out of the PA.

You know what's even worse than that? The entire thing is choreographed. They do jump kicks, headbangs and guitar twirls in unison, at appropriately dramatic moments.

My friend made an interesting comment when he was with me. He said it was like Gothenburg had been exported to the United States and watered down as metalcore, etc., and then we'd taken our version and sent it back to Sweden by fax machine to show them just how grandly we'd fucked up their genre. The Swedes then figured they'd make a buck on us again, modeled a new band after that facsimile of a copy, and this was the final product.

If you know anything about Philly, you can guess how warm of a welcome they received :yesway:

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Let me just say - i did not overact when i referred to Take That and the Backstrret Boys. That might give you an idea of what you can expect. :lol: I jsut listened to the first time to something else fromt his band (the opther 2 posted videos) - well, to me thats extremely boring, but i can at least see why people dig this, or what this has to do with "metal" or anything...this "thing" i posted in the first post...no.

Oh, and the bass player.. :jj:
I'll probably have to check itout on my iPhone during lunch. To be honest, I can careless how poppy/mainstream something sounds. I'm not against any genre because I run the gamut- if a song's good it's good.

Here's a good mix of djent of Backstreet Boys... Sonic probably got their new formula from these guys! Fucking love Dead by April

Whats even funnier is that upon searching for Dead by April, Sonic Syndicate came up in the results! LMFAO!

·
18,790 Posts
It's alright as far as ballads go, but definitely unexpected from a band on Nuclear Blast :lol:

I saw them open for Nightwish a few years back, and they had 2 singers for sure. They were alright back then, and I definitely spent the whole set watching the bassist :lol: Don't remember much about the music.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts