Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a problem with one of the BIOS' on my mobo, so I flashed it last night, and I'm stuck in a constant bootloop without even posting. The board only being 3 months old, I decided to contact the company I bought it from and ask for help. Below is my complaint emails because of the absolute raging cock-end I had the misfortune to deal with.

Complaint Email said:
Hi, I'd like to make a formal complaint about a member I've staff I've just been unfortunate enough to deal with. As a loyal customer of yours for many years, and having dealt with your support team before, this is not the kind of service I expect to receive from such a highly rated company.

I had called to ask for technical assistance with a motherboard I had purchased from yourselves on 24th August. The problem was that I had been receiving a message upon every single boot into Windows, saying that one of the BIOS' on the motherboard had failed, and that I should use Live Update to update to the latest BIOS. I had ignored this for a while, but last night I eventually got around to flashing the BIOS. Now I am stuck in a constant bootloop, without even posting, and no beeps whatsoever from the MB.

When I had explained this to the member of staff, I was met with rather large sighs, patronising tone of voice, and speaking to me as though I am completely thick. I was told that never under any circumstances should I update the BIOS, whatsoever, as this will void the warranty. I know this to be nothing but a down and out lie. I was then told that it shouldn't be updated unless there is a problem, which may I add, I had previously pointed out that there was. I was then told that I should also never, under any circumstances, update the BIOS from within a Windows environment. I would have accepted this as fair criticism, had I not been met with the previous grief I had received, but the fact that MSI makes a utility, specifically for their motherboards, to facilitate the flashing of a BIOS within Windows, goes to show that said member of staff maybe isn't as up to date with his knowledge as he thinks he might be.

As a member of an experienced tech support team, as a hardware manager, and previously coming from a retail background, I come to experience snotty customers myself quite frequently, but this is just a step too far I'm afraid. This is not the way customers should be treated under any circumstances and it is completely unacceptable.

The call was made at around 13:35 if this is any help in finding who accepted this call.

I appreciate that the company he's helped me on many a previous occasion, but one instance like this can tar a reputation for a long time.

Sincerely
Anthony

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here we go;

OcUK Reply said:
Dear Sir,

I am sorry to hear of your complaint, having reviewed the situation I can agree with you and flashing the BIOS does not void the warranty, I dont know who told you this and I dont know why but I can only apologise for this situation.

In light of this situation I have raised an RMA for you to get the item back to us for testing, All the details have been sent to your email address, Please check that these are all correct before sending the item back to us. By sending the item back to us you agreeing to our terms and conditions within the RMA email. If the item is found faulty then it will be replaced for you.

I hope this helps

Best Regards
Am I within my rights do you think, to request a different model if I pay the extra cash?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Depends on their TOS

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
You can ask but there is no legal requirement for them to do that. They can continue to replace it with a fresh model until they run out of stock, basically. After a few of them in a brief period your statutory rights start to swing into the equation, though...

tl;dr: Only if the manager is feeling very nice.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
wow I didn't even notice that lol

I use to have MSI back in the day but recently i've been seeing them get bad reviews. I just bought a ASRock board to give them a try but don't get it till christmas.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
This is the computer i'm building soon. I know the FX chips not got much praise but i'm going to OC it so it should be fine till the next chip sets are out.

AMD FX - 4100
ASROCK|970 EXTREME3 970 AM3+
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit
Seagate 1 TB HDD
Coolmaster V8 Heatsink (they say next best thing to water cooling)
Coolmaster HSF case with 550 Watt PSU

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I called them up today and asked what the fuck was going on. Last email I got was on the 6th saying it was going back to MSI. They said "Oh, it can take upto 28 days to come back." Wel, cheers a fucking bunch for telling me that, you raging cock ends. Fuck that. I ordered a new Asus board instead. Should be here tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime, and I should be able to check back in here more often and actually carry on playing fucking Skyrim :pissed:

There's gonna be an MSI board up FS soon btw when I get it back :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.