Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the drums were played by a real human being though. we didn't have much time to set up so our drums sounds weren't the best. also, this recording has bass. I just used a super distorted bass patch for it. all guitars and bass were through the axefx

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
next time he's out i'll see if he can burst blast at 300. he says that when he's practicing 6 - 7 times a week he's been able to hit 300 and play steady at it.
My drummer can blast up to around 260bpm, but I'm sure he can't hit 300bpm. He was saying that 16th notes at anything above 240bpm just become indistinguishable, so he just does them as triplets (or maybe even 8th notes) around that level.

So... you've got a pretty fast dude behind your drumset.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My drummer can blast up to around 260bpm, but I'm sure he can't hit 300bpm. He was saying that 16th notes at anything above 240bpm just become indistinguishable, so he just does them as triplets (or maybe even 8th notes) around that level.

So... you've got a pretty fast dude behind your drumset.

it's possible. ^^ this isn't my drummer. just a video showing it can be done.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: I never said it wasn't possible (I have some songs by bands that play around 280 or 290bpm), but that video actually agrees with my drummer that 16th notes at anything above 240bpm just become indistinguishable (hence why he's playing mostly 8th notes in the video). That dude definitely has skillz. The blasts at the very end of the video are pretty crazy. But it made me think that it's funny how gravity blasting at 170bpm looks and sounds a lot faster than regular blasting at 270bpm (at least in regards to the hands).

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
blasting isn't a 16th note on the snare, it's an 1/8th note. so.... yeah. :lol:

either way, shits fast.
I know. I was referring to the bass pedal, because I always program my blast beats with the bass pedal as straight 16th notes and my drummer always plays them that way, but his limit for 16th notes on the bass pedal used to be around 220-230bpm. Since he got his Axis double bass pedal, he can go up to around 240-250bpm with straight 16th notes on the bass pedal. Anything higher than that and he switches to triplets or eighth notes.

(Maybe I should have specified "bass pedal" in my previous post. :lol:)

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know. I was referring to the bass pedal, because I always program my blast beats with the bass pedal as straight 16th notes and my drummer always plays them that way, but his limit for 16th notes on the bass pedal used to be around 220-230bpm. Since he got his Axis double bass pedal, he can go up to around 240-250bpm with straight 16th notes on the bass pedal. Anything higher than that and he switches to triplets or eighth notes.

(Maybe I should have specified "bass pedal" in my previous post. :lol:)
would have helped :)

it's all good, there are a lot of different kinds of blasts. the american, euro, suffo and bomb blasts, gravities are totally different but still technically a blast, each one has the hits in different places. i like them all though. haha.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
would have helped :)

it's all good, there are a lot of different kinds of blasts. the american, euro, suffo and bomb blasts, gravities are totally different but still technically a blast, each one has the hits in different places. i like them all though. haha.
I don't think I'm familiar with that "suffo blast." Can't imagine what it'd be like. I also didn't know there was any difference between American and European blasts (they sound the same to me. :lol:).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.