Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. So I have a LTD ES 10 with stock ESP pick ups, "LH-100's", I'm pretty sure. It's a very cheap guitar but when its plugged into a decent amp it has an alright tone. The biggest issue is when playing fast/grindy, there is very little definition and the notes pretty much go to mud. If anyone has any upgrade suggestions for passive humbuckers that might give a bit more definition when playing fast, I'd be stoked to hear them.

Thanks!

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Cabs are not kvlt, dude. Going straight from your guitar into a distortion pedal and straight into the board is fucking kvlt. Amps aren't even kvlt. They just get in the way of attaining the trvest of chainsaw tones.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Cabs are not kvlt, dude. Going straight from your guitar into a distortion pedal and straight into the board is fucking kvlt. Amps aren't even kvlt. They just get in the way of attaining the trvest of chainsaw tones.
Not trve! To be truly kvlt you need an amplifier, but not a guitar amp. It has to be a shitty stereo amp with an awful fuzz pedal and everything turned up to 10.

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Not trve! To be truly kvlt you need an amplifier, but not a guitar amp. It has to be a shitty stereo amp with an awful fuzz pedal and everything turned up to 10.
Nah.

Guitar, HM-2, board.

Presto. Black metal in a can.
You're both wrong.

Guitar, Duncan Distortion, board

It distorts, it says so in it's name.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You're both wrong.

Guitar, Duncan Distortion, board

It distorts, it says so in it's name.
No way, board distortion is WAAAAAAY to organic sounding (Black Dog by Zepp is a prime example). You need a god awful distortion box to truly get that norwegian darkness going. :D

Also the 4th Biurzum album was actually recorded by Varg plugging his shitty Westone Spectrum into a fuzz pedal and then into his brothers stereo. Pure kvlt.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
A lot of aftermarket pickups will be better than your OEM ones, and the Duncan Distortion is a good place to start :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
My, we're a helpful bunch. :lol:

What, other than fast, are you trying to play?

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts

Oh my God. :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts