• Dee Snyder

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • noodles

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
So.... Battle of the huge egos... Got it.

It's pretty cool, but also insanely childish and stupid.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Yeah, I think if I had to pick a side, it would be Dee

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Whilst this is a little pathetic and showy, Dee's got a much better personality all together than Paul. He's generally more personable and humble. Paul's become a bit of an elitist prick in his old age, distancing himself from the rock and roll world and being irreverent towards it, whilst simultaneously demanding respect and recognition from it.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
If this was done in the spirit of two long time veterans engaging in some friendly trash talking, this could be fucking awesome. :lol:

I really doubt it is, though.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wait... shouldn't this go in the high-heels thread?

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Paul should leave the insults to Gene. That was a very pathetic "comeback."

Dee's absolutely right about the Fake Ace and Fake Peter the current Kiss employees, but it's not like we're talking about replacing great musicians...

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Whilst this is a little pathetic and showy, Dee's got a much better personality all together than Paul. He's generally more personable and humble. Paul's become a bit of an elitist prick in his old age, distancing himself from the rock and roll world and being irreverent towards it, whilst simultaneously demanding respect and recognition from it.
I dont think Paul and Gene have cared about the music for years, just a way to make more money

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:dgaf:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Paul should leave the insults to Gene. That was a very pathetic "comeback."

Dee's absolutely right about the Fake Ace and Fake Peter the current Kiss employees, but it's not like we're talking about replacing great musicians...
If you replaced all the lousy musicians in Kiss, you'd have no original members.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I dont think Paul and Gene have cared about the music for years, just a way to make more money
I didn't mean the music necessarily, I meant the scene and the history. I'm not sure they ever gave a shit about the music :lol:

Here's what I mean though;

So he won't go on that show, as it's a bit too "Wayne's World" for him (although I don't like the presenters, it's a fucking cool show, getting to see all those rockstars hang out and tell stories etc, and everyone from Chris Jericho to Michael Schenker has been on there, good vibe, everyone's down to earth and sharing this whole "rock n roll" thing together)

but he'll do shit like this?

Ignoring your fanbase and history so you can ponce off and do morning live tv and cook is just... I dunno. Shit.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I had the opportunity to meet both of these cats, and I liked them both when I did. I met Stanley in Sacramento while I was working as a part-time jock for the local rock station - decades ago. He was personable, outgoing, and friendly. He seemed willing to talk to fans and idiots like me, so I counted that as a plus.

Obviously, he was promoting the show Kiss was doing at the time, so "best behavior," has to be taken into account - and even if he was a great guy back then, things change. Who knows what he's like now, but I liked him then.

I missed meeting Dee Snider at the station. Just dumb fucking bad luck that day.

I met Snider a couple years ago on his book tour for "Shut Up and Give Me the Mic." Dee Snider is one down-to-earth, friendly guy. He's the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with and sit and listen to stories. He's also opinionated, loud, and stands by his family and his band.

It doesn't surprise me at all that when Paul Stanley said Twisted Sister were "wannabees" and "buffoons" that Snider would pop back. Granted, Snider did make the remark about the Cat and Spaceman characters, but attack Twisted Sister and Dee's going to respond.

As far as the "rock off," I think Snider's voice is still in shape. Stanley's seems to be fading. Head to head, I think Snider would win in a competition of voices/singing.

If you want to compare careers, album sales, concert sales, etc., - in other words, measure dicks - well, that might be another story.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts