Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the MXR Carbon Copy or the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy?

I need an analog delay to go with the Titan(it has a line level effects loop so shit like Boss is out of the question).

I'm at a loss. I'm really into the "weird" sounds so the Memory Boy wins in that department but the MXR is cheaper and I'm a cheap bastard. :lol:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Yeah, Carbon Copy is one of my all-time favorite pedal purchases. Even after I got my nova repeater, I still keep it on my pedalboard.

As always, if you can try it out first, do that.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
+1 Carbon Copy. Great, quiet, usable sounds throughout. I'm not much of a wacky sounds guy though, so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Screw it. I'll go with the Deluxe Memory Boy because it's one step closer to being able to do this:

YouTube - Electro-Harmonix Effectology, Vol.16 "Doctor Who" By Bill Ruppert

:lol: :metal:
The first minute and twenty of that vid was unbelievably epic sounding...but then again, its an EHX demo. And I have to say you made the right choice, ehx is weird shit, but its weird shit done right...every time. I've enjoyed every one of their products I've ever used, including the memory boy.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Pigtronix echolution you fool. Lusher and balls to the wall tripper than either of those

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

That's what I get for not reading the one reply on the last page :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts

Pigtronix echolution you fool. Lusher and balls to the wall tripper than either of those
I actually know the two guys who started that company - one of 'em was a guitarist I used to jam with on occasion, and the other I didn't know well at college, but I ran into him at a party down in NYC where music somehow came up, and we ended up chatting about Pigtronix for a while. I'm really curious to try some of their stuff.

Koltai was one of the better players on campus - much jazzier and more subtle vs my already-pretty-well-defined legato-based bluesy shred. He used to tease me about making a point of including a couple 16th note runs whenever I was in the audience watching him play. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
The Carbon Copy is one of the few delays I've used that fattens, rather than thins, your sound. It is amazingly thick and lush.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts