Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Derek Roddy vs. Eric Moore â Ìîñêâå :: drumspeech.com

both of these guys tear it up. roddy has to be one of the harder hitting extreme metal drummers I've seen...

my favorite is the drum battle in vid 13 (though, I haven' seen 14 yet).

roddy holds his own against the gospel chops of moore - and even mercifully refuses to take the battle into the world of extreme metal.... and at times moore almost refuses to get simple with him. roddy throws a stupid simple grove down a few times, deep into the middle of the video, and moore just has to make it a wacky polyrythmic thing (though, he rocks at it)..... and roddy counters by getting even more bone simple.

but the best part is around 9:10. Moore tries the one=handed roll trick... then roddy pulls out teh gravity blast, which it seems moore had never seen before....

but seriously, watch the whole battle from start to finish.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Uh, yeah, those guys are pretty good. :lol:

Moore seems a little smoother maybe, but Roddy throws in more stuff that I as a non-drummer find interesting.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Moore's execution is nice and thick - fatter - flammier - creeps up on the beat then builds to the beat down.... and he extracts a massive tone from his entire kit.
I hear what you mean. Moore captures a huge amount of groove for such chops-heavy playing.

For the fusion side of what I do, I'd rather work with Moore, but I get the feeling that Roddy would contribute more creativity to the avant-garde side of my music.

Of course, I'd be damn lucky to be working with either guy. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Jesus, that was insane. Roddy is so technical that I almost didn't notice that Moore is no slouch in that department himself. Eric was so deep in the pocket that he came back with change, and Roddy's seems to have the ability to pull insanely fast snare rolls out of nowhere.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Someone tell me which of the 348927394832 videos on that page you are watching, because the first like 9 that I clicked were dudes standing around.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts