Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Derek tweeted last night-

"BANDS and SOLO ARTISTS! I am convinced I can take your tracks to the next level with my keyboard treatments- Send me a song and I will play a free sample so you can hear what I can do for your track. Send an MP3 to [email protected] for sample and price quote"

I'm an equal fan of Derek and Kevin in DT, but Derek's sounds are easily my favorite keyboard sounds of all time and I have a tune that I actually put some keyboards on using an old Korg TR-1 rack that was the basis for a lot of those Falling Into Infinity sounds.

When I got the sample back today, I got chills. Hearing him play with THOSE sounds over one of my tunes was fucking nuts and the 16 year old DT fanatic in me is still trying to clean up all the shit in my pants. It's not cheap, especially for one song, but I'm very, VERY tempted to just do it so I can have those glorious sounds on one of my favorite songs I've written yet. He dug the tune, too!

I'll post the clip up once I get home.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
I’ve seen him post that message from time to time. So what does he charge for that?

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
Derek tweeted last night-

"BANDS and SOLO ARTISTS! I am convinced I can take your tracks to the next level with my keyboard treatments- Send me a song and I will play a free sample so you can hear what I can do for your track. Send an MP3 to [email protected] for sample and price quote"

I'm an equal fan of Derek and Kevin in DT, but Derek's sounds are easily my favorite keyboard sounds of all time and I have a tune that I actually put some keyboards on using an old Korg TR-1 rack that was the basis for a lot of those Falling Into Infinity sounds.

When I got the sample back today, I got chills. Hearing him play with THOSE sounds over one of my tunes was fucking nuts and the 16 year old DT fanatic in me is still trying to clean up all the shit in my pants. It's not cheap, especially for one song, but I'm very, VERY tempted to just do it so I can have those glorious sounds on one of my favorite songs I've written yet. He dug the tune, too!

I'll post the clip up once I get home.
Look forward to hearing it!

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
That's really cool, can't wait to hear the clip! KM is great, but I have a soft spot for Derek because a Change of Seasons was not only my first DT album but also the first metal album I ever bought. I was like 13 and I also bought Linkin Park's Meteora, had no idea what I was in for with either one :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts