1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Ugh, that just looks horrible. :noway:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe that Darren's didn't at least get an honorable mention. People just redid the floral design and placed in the top. Lame.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
None of the finalists really look amazing to me. :shrug: A Stryper Jem would have owned them all.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:agreed: I guess Steve just wanted something extremely gaudy.
Steve Vai? Really? All of his guitars are so tasteful and understated. :scratch:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
:agreed: I guess Steve just wanted something extremely gaudy.
Which is another reason that I was sure he would go with Darren's. A guitar that was filled with fucking honey goo? Bee inlays? Its gaudy, ridiculous, and it actually looked great.

I should have just taken a picture of my flowers and photoshopped it on a JEM and got an honorable mention.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Someone link to Darren's entry.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
^ Wow, that's positively ridiculous. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I do like the one with the fretboard "split" along the vine of life inlay, as well as the one with the rainbow'ed vine.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I like that one a whole lot better than what won. At least it's got a theme to it. Not just a bunch of graphics strewn together.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Darren's design beat all - the motion of the goo would have ruled all of these. Most are just vivid re-treads of what has already been done - I really like the one were the guy just plopped a flame graphic down on a guitar outline :roll2: how imaginative.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Wow, those runners up are awful. :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yeah I am sure he just got bombarded with thousands of submissions. One guy on SS.org submitted 32 "designs". That is just ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts