Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Best pic of it:

...since the headstock makes it look fucking stupid.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Guitar looks retarded as fuck...

Stratocaster Body with a AWFUL Headstock and the stupid Bird Inlays... if you are gonna copy a regular Strat at least use a similar Headstock so that the whole package look coherent.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Or you could buy an EG for 1/3rd of the price for a core model and 1/10th the price for an SE

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
How long before Fender releases a PRS-shaped guitar with a Strat headstock? Makes about as much sense.

IMO, all PRS with pickguards look terrible. The "normal" models (Custom, CE, Singlecut) look cool, but pickguards just ruin most guitars (except Strats).

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm less put off by the headstock than I am the incoming dry-hump from what I'm sure will be a ridiculous price.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I mean, it's better than that inline headstock the dude from Anthrax had on one of his guitars.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I mean, it's better than that inline headstock the dude from Anthrax had on one of his guitars.
Dan Spitz and the TMNT PRS, I remember that one.

Someone at Fender must have pissed off Mayer, or else this wouldn't have happened. Of course, the word from Mayer will be the usual, "After a long relationship with Fender I started trying different guitars and PRS just made something that went above and beyond anything I've ever played."

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Dan Spitz and the TMNT PRS, I remember that one.

Someone at Fender must have pissed off Mayer, or else this wouldn't have happened. Of course, the word from Mayer will be the usual, "After a long relationship with Fender I started trying different guitars and PRS just made something that went above and beyond anything I've ever played."
When he left Fender, he said the company wasn't what it was when he first joined. So it wasn't exactly the friendliest terms, it seems.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I've seen him with PRSes before, and I saw him on TV with a pink Jackson Soloist that looked pretty awesome (how could it not though, really?). But yeah, I'd rather get a Custom Shop Strat than this PRS thing personally.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I like it in silver more than I do in white, but it still just looks odd to me.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I guess I'm the odd guy out, since I don't mind it. Plus the PRS headstock will help it stay in tune. It would have been better if they didn't reverse it, though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nothing against PRS, they make great guitars, but I don't know why a guy who is clearly looking for a Fender knockoff went with a company known for something totally different. It's not like there aren't any brands that specialize in high-end Fenders. Did Suhr, Tom Anderson, and G&L not return his calls?

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Nothing against PRS, they make great guitars, but I don't know why a guy who is clearly looking for a Fender knockoff went with a company known for something totally different. It's not like there aren't any brands that specialize in high-end Fenders. Did Suhr, Tom Anderson, and G&L not return his calls?
My suspicion is that none of them were a big enough platform for him.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That guitar looks like someone broke the neck on their Strat and grabbed the first neck they could find to replace it.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
They didn't put enough zeros at the end of their offer...

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I just want a bunch of DC3's, partially because so many bands in our genre play fender style guitars :lol:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts