Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been contemplating putting some detuner keys on the bottom strings of my Hellraiser. Only thing is, I'd want them on the low E and B strings together, given that I do six-string drop tunings on the seven a lot (ADADGBE or BDADGBE). Can anyone recommend a particular model where two of the things would fit next to each other?

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
As far as i know, there are only two detuners on the market, the Hipshot Guitar Xtender and the Sperzel D-Thing. You almost certainly could not mount two Hipshot Xtenders on adjacent tuners, but if your tuners are spaced out enough, there's a chance you could mount a pair of D-Things. Maybe call Sperzel and see what the minimum clearances are.

If you had a Floyd, you could block it and use a pair of D-Tunas.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as i know, there are only two detuners on the market, the Hipshot Guitar Xtender and the Sperzel D-Thing. You almost certainly could not mount two Hipshot Xtenders on adjacent tuners, but if your tuners are spaced out enough, there's a chance you could mount a pair of D-Things. Maybe call Sperzel and see what the minimum clearances are.

If you had a Floyd, you could block it and use a pair of D-Tunas.
Hmmm...that's what I was worried about.

I've considered the D-tuna option, but I've heard a few people say they're a bit hit and miss on low B strings and that you can't fit two of them next to each other either.:(

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I've seen a 7 string with two D-Tuna's on it, so it can be done. The thing with them is they don't work very well on a fully floating trem, so a Tremol-no and setting it to dive only or full hardtail before dropping would be the way to go.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Hmmm...that's what I was worried about.

I've considered the D-tuna option, but I've heard a few people say they're a bit hit and miss on low B strings and that you can't fit two of them next to each other either.:(
D-tuna on the E string and the Drop tuner things on the Low b.. Problame sloved :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts