Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://soundcloud.com/ghostdt/namm-rehearsal-terminal

This is a recording done in Daves basement the other day for the Namm show next week. We recorded it on a Zoom HN4 handheld recorder, and we had to be quiet because Daves roommate was sleeping. Kat Epple, flute, is playing with us at the Namm show and I'm thrilled about that. Anyways... here's where rehearsals for the quiet project are at. Enjoy! Dev.
About as raw as Dev gets. Very, very cool.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
JerkyChid just sent me a link to this. It sounds pretty cool. and very different for Dev :lol: :metal:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JerkyChid just sent me a link to this. It sounds pretty cool. and very different for Dev :lol: :metal:
Yeah, this is a track from "Ki" which has moments like this, and "Ghost" is supposed to be all like this.

Makes me very, very upset that I didn't get VIP tickets to the show here, where there was a pre-show meet-and-greet and acoustic set:

What I love about the recording in the first post is that you're hearing the raw, live acoustic in the room, and then the lush delays and reverbs behind it (as seen in the videos in this post). Such a perfect balance for just a hand held recorder.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I don't give 2 shits about Devin Townsend, BTW. Totally over-rated to me. Tried to listen to him many times, and I don't see it. Shit, I says. Seems like a damn cool ass guy, but fuck his music sucks donkey anus.

But this? This is really cool. Reminds me almost of Pink Floyd or something. Heh... or something I'd do. Maybe that's why I like it. Closet narcissist. :D But very nice. Thanks for sharing.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I don't give 2 shits about Devin Townsend, BTW. Totally over-rated to me. Tried to listen to him many times, and I don't see it. Shit, I says. Seems like a damn cool ass guy, but fuck his music sucks donkey anus.

But this? This is really cool. Reminds me almost of Pink Floyd or something. Heh... or something I'd do. Maybe that's why I like it. Closet narcissist. :D But very nice. Thanks for sharing.
:lol:

I absolutely love SYL, but everything after that is hit or miss for me. I like a couple songs like Seventh Wave and Christeen, as well as all the Ziltoid album, but other than that not so much.

The fanboys are super annoying though :lol:, I wish DT got back in a proper heavy band. I like the latest Zimmers Hole a lot more than most of his solo work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts