Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he used to use peaveys, then Mesa...people change companies all the time. Maybe he just wanted to try some out? Hell he used to play ESP guitars too.
I remembering him playing ESP for pretty much all of his career with SYL though I think, with with Peavey's now you mention it. Now he's playing Peavey guitars and quite a few different amps. I thought his sound in SYL was fucking awesome. Never seen a reason to change it personally. Whatever works for him I suppose.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
He used Blackstar at Bloodstock because most of their gear hit UK customs the same time they were walking onstage. Blackstar are really pushing endorsements at the moment, they've just picked up Devildriver a couple of weeks ago. Plus, another main endorser in the UK has just given a bunch of their artist relation staff their marching orders, so I think you'll see more people heading to Blackstar.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He used Blackstar at Bloodstock because most of their gear hit UK customs the same time they were walking onstage. Blackstar are really pushing endorsements at the moment, they've just picked up Devildriver a couple of weeks ago. Plus, another main endorser in the UK has just given a bunch of their artist relation staff their marching orders, so I think you'll see more people heading to Blackstar.
Ah, I see. Temporary effort then. I've noticed that they're getting ALOT of new signings lately. Gus G, DevilDriver, Architects, Dimmu, all some very widely known names. I really need to check the 200w S1 out.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was really impressed with the 60 watt combo I played through a few months ago. Got some serious metal tones from it with no extra gear. The little heads everyone likes seemed to need a boost to do brootz. :lol:
FWIW, I run a boost infront of my 100w, but don't even turn it on. For some reason, without it, my gate shrieks weirdly.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Series One 60 or the HT-60?

I think the HT-5 smokes the rest of the HT series tonally. Haven't played a Series One yet.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
My brother will be touring with another band, alongside Devildriver in January. It's a shame he doesn't know ANYTHING about guitars or non drum gear, so I can't even ask him about it. I'll try to get him to take pics of everyone's rigs. \m/

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I was really impressed with the 60 watt combo I played through a few months ago. Got some serious metal tones from it with no extra gear. The little heads everyone likes seemed to need a boost to do brootz. :lol:
IMO, it needs a boost but it defends itself nicely without it too. If you're looking for Mesuggah-like tone then yes, a boost might help. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.