Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
"Nobody's Here", "Tiny Tears", "The Fluke" and "Earth Day" are phenomenal tracks.

The rhythm part in "Earth Day" at 1:31 is so awesome :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
What's there to discuss? It's one of the best albums I've ever heard. To anyone who doesn't own this album, just buy the damn thing :D

Easily one of my favorite prog albums.
:yesway:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great album, never got around to ordering it from his label yet. There's a few I want from his collection, never listened to his ambient album, "Hummer" yet.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Pure brilliance all the way through, plus one of my all time favourite guitar tones!

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
'Ocean Machine' will probably always be my favorite but 'Terria' & ''Infinity' come a close second and third. Of course, we should all wait for the next four albums to come out. Dev's been a busy man. :agreed:

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
Hmmmm... I bought a bunch of his albums and never got around to listening to this one.

I'll have to throw it on.
Fair warning: It may not leave rotation.

This is a great album (although Accelerated Evolution is my current fav from Devy)

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Fair warning: It may not leave rotation.

This is a great album (although Accelerated Evolution is my current fav from Devy)
I've always found that Accelerated Evolution compliments Synchestra perfectly, I always try to throw on Synchestra after AE as it provides just the right lift after the the almost sludgy thick greyness that I find with AE, where as Synchestra is like casting off the shadow of a period of depression and stepping outside to some grandiose musical.

I think I look into this shit too much... Sod it I'ma go listen to some Dev :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've always found that Accelerated Evolution compliments Synchestra perfectly, I always try to throw on Synchestra after AE as it provides just the right lift after the the almost sludgy thick greyness that I find with AE, where as Synchestra is like casting off the shadow of a period of depression and stepping outside to some grandiose musical.

I think I look into this shit too much... Sod it I'ma go listen to some Dev :metal:
Sounds like a well-spent two hours of lifetime :metal:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
God, "The Mountain" fucking owns, man.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts