Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Yeah guys dont miss this tour, they are getting at a point that we never know it there will be another. Nicko is 67...

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Kind of weird seeing him with long hair. I've always known him with short hair. Most people will never know what it's like to be at an Iron Maiden concert and every person is singing along even when there are no singing parts.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Still kickin butt at 60, nice. Saw Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time tours and every time they killed!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Note that this is the encore, last song of the night after a 16 song set in the middle of summertime.
And then he flies the goddamn plane to the next gig. Dickinson is inhuman.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I'll put it out there: He's right there with Freddie Mercury as the greatest rock frontman of all time.
Nope.

Dickinson is the best by far, not even remotely shared with anyone. Not a knock on anyone else of course, but he is like, the ultimate renaissance man. Absolutely idolize him and always have.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
And then he flies the goddamn plane to the next gig. Dickinson is inhuman.
Bruce Dickinson is this world's only real life super hero.

https://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-bruce-dickinson-plane-endangered-turtle-canary-islands/

Just when you think, "Is their anything Bruce Dickinson can't do?" he goes and rescues an endangered species of turtle.

Also his, "going to play in a country in the middle of a civil war, as in actually playing songs in a zone where bullets are still flying" story is incredible. Haven't seen the Sarejevo documentary yet, but read his autobiography. Total legend.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
When I saw Maiden back in 2012, it was well over 90 degrees outside and very humid. Bruce ran around the stage like a wildman for 2 hours without missing a beat. I'd have lasted about 15 minutes in his place...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
When I saw Maiden back in 2012, it was well over 90 degrees outside and very humid. Bruce ran around the stage like a wildman for 2 hours without missing a beat. I'd have lasted about 15 minutes in his place...
Add "next to pyro" to the above.

While it was a great show, I remember the shower after that show more than the show itself given the weather.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Saw Maiden on Powerslave and Somewhere in Time, both performances absolutely kicked ass start to finish. Dickinson is legend.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Add "next to pyro" to the above.

While it was a great show, I remember the shower after that show more than the show itself given the weather.
I was running a 101F fever at that show. I got there halfway through Cooper, got a couple beers in me to try and feel better, left during the encore, and puked in the parking lot. :lol:

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
When I saw them in 2017 he sprinted from one end of the stage to the other and jumped onto a piece of stage 6 feet up all while singing perfectly. I don't know how exactly he's this good, but god DAMN is he this good.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Last year on the first leg of this Tour my wife "forgot" to buy the tickets to the Balcony and I told her, ok.. you wont like but im not going to the second so we are going to be down there and down there I want to be at the front :)

She being a small woman accepted it but didn't like it until I manage to find a perfect spot for her where she could see the stage at will and looking up she could see the Big Screens, she said I want to be here until the end.

She totally loved the show (she is not a metal head at all in fact she doesn't even like Metal). She was like Bruce is INSANE he doesn't stop for a single moment how the heck does he holds it the entire show? Stamina baby, some guys have it more than others ;)

The funniest thing she did was at one time Adrian Smith showed up on the Screen for 10-20 secs soloing on his Panda Jackson and she turned to me super happy yelling at my ears: Look he has a guitar just yours!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ah man I couldn't help it, I laughed so hard :rofl:

And then she realised I had his sig Guitar ahahaha.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
When I saw them in 2017 he sprinted from one end of the stage to the other and jumped onto a piece of stage 6 feet up all while singing perfectly. I don't know how exactly he's this good, but god DAMN is he this good.
When I saw them on Ozzfest, they opened with the Trooper. Bruce was nowhere to be seen. About five seconds before the verse, he comes charging from the back, in the redcoat, holding the huge Union Jack, jumps, spins 360 degrees in the air, LANDS ON THE GODDAMN MONITOR, and starts singing.

The place came absolutely unglued. Literally ten minutes before, all the younger fans around me were busting jokes about old men, nostalgia acts, having to sit through boring Maiden. The merch stand sold out Maiden t-shirts while Sabbath was playing. :lol:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I'm going again on August 1st. I don't know why it took me so long to get into them, but they've been my favorite band by far for the last 10 years and I will see them every time they come through until they decide to hang it up. I can't fucking wait.

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Yeah Bruce is a total madman! But Dave has always been my favorite member. hes always just smiling away the whole time like hes just happy to be there lol. I saw them with Dio in irvine CA in like 2003 and again with 3 Inches of Blood in 2006. both shows were excellent. I loved 3 inches of blood but seeing Dio and Maiden in one show was probably my favorite concert experience.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I fucking love Glenn Hughes' singing, but come on, he's not in the same league as Dickinson as a frontman. As Chris said, Freddie Mercury is the only other person on that level, and the guy that Dickinson said he molded himself off of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts