Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I pulled the old bushings out, that worked great.

Then I drilled the new 11mm holes for the Gotoh Floyd bushings, and that worked great too...

Until I actually put the bushing in! The wood cracked! :pissed:

Anyway, I have wood cracks in my Barrington and that guitar works great... So I put the guitar together roughly and it just doesn't fucking work.

If if I dive:
e, B, G goes super flat
D and A stays almost in tune
E goes sharp

If I flutter the tuning goes back to normal.

What should I do now?! I could block the guitar, but then the idea of having the RR24 kinda loses its appeal... I want it to be a 1-hum shredder with Floyd and all that...

Here's the tuning problems on video!

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I recently changed the crap Chrome Tom Bridge of my Schecter Omen6 with a black Gotoh one (direct replace and whooo what a difference!!!!!) and I didnt ventured to remove the chrome Bushings myself fearing I could ruin it... and its a cheap guitar. Theres a reason techs exist its so we dont fuck up our precious ones and if you need to do it to learn dont do it on your best ones...

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Okay, but does it seem worth the penny pinching now? :lol:
Yeah, dude, swallow your pride, take it to a pro to fix, and chalk it up as an expensive lesson learned. :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Why did you change the posts at all?

You seriously need to stop working on your own guitars. You're not good at it. Only pain will come from it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts