Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
POSITIVE INFORMATION ALERT!!!

I had NO idea about this until I was looking at my Jackson RR24.

Probably I've been completely ignorant of this fact for all years, but it makes bridge swapping on many guitars SUPER EASY! I thought FRT-2000 had completely different threading...

I know FR Special and most licensed stuff have the wrong threads, but this is great for everybody who's found a nice Jackson Pro/ESP LTD-1000/whatever that comes with FRT-2000, and likes the guitar a lot, but find the bridge a bit wonky (which is why I replaced it on my RR24)

I have occasioanlly googled this and I've never seen any forum threads or information pages verify this but, now I can verify it for you!

If somebody has a FRT-2000 with other threads, please share what guitar and year it is, because it might be different from different eras, maybe!

Here's my RR24 with the new Schaller Lockmeister bridge! It works much better than the FRT-2000, but I still have to find the right action, and stuff... But it also needs a complete refret, so maybe I'll leave this as it is for a while.

Refrettings shoud be done during winter, so you dont have to worry about sharp fret ends when it gets cold after summer :)

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Makes sense, since the 1000 series is supposed to be made to the same specs, but good to have confirmation. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense, since the 1000 series is supposed to be made to the same specs, but good to have confirmation. :yesway:
The "same specs" as in "quality" can be debateable but they are sure as hell easy to swap out if one needs to :)

However, the blocks have SLIGHTLY different hole spacing, so when I tried changing block on them, I had to really dig into it.
May be one of those "tolerances" that people talk of.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have done probably 10 swaps in the last few years of guitars made since 2010 and I dont have to pull the inserts, just install the better studs.
Wow! That makes for some cool options for a "cheap beater".

Most current Jacksons have graphite rods in the necks, so with a better Floyd and better pickups, maybe they could work pretty well :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts