Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts if a guitar has, example, a DiMarzio on the neck and Seymour Duncan on the bridge? Would it look silly?

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
no my *** supermod Charvel has a seymour duncan on the bridge and 2 dimarzio single coils for middle and neck.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Uh, why would that be a problem? Tons of high-end guitars are made up of parts by tons of different brands. Say, it's a Jackson guitar, but it's got a Floyd Rose tremolo (different brand), Seymour Duncan pickups (different brand), Gotoh tuners (different brand), etc. etc. A lot of guitars out there have DiMarzios in the bridge and Seymour Duncans in the neck (or vice versa).

It's pretty common.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Im quite fine with having different brand pickups. Find whatever works for that position. Ive got a few guitars like that atm. eg, my tele i has a fralin neck and suhr bridge, i find the suhr bridge actually suits the neck more than the fralin bridge did.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Depends if your a musician or a gear whore/fan. Either is OK and they can blend together but there sure are a bunch of gear whores on the web that play like shit, but will tell you all about the specs of what they consider great..... but that changes every other month.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Yeah I heard many times one should not mix difference brand pickups and I was always like... why the F not? Its Magnets Wire and Plastic... if what I'm looking for doesn't exist in one Brand why am I purposely castrating myself?

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
You can take the "Seymour Duncan" off a pickup by borrowing a Q-tip and some nail polish remover from your gf if brand names on your pickups are an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts