Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Cool. I swapped an A5 bkp nailbomb for an A8 custom from a local pickup maker and dig the A8 - it's smoother and fatter, and with good clarity but can be a bit tubby on the low end if you aren't careful. I wonder if this is much the same

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Yes! Another artist signature pickup!

:dgaf:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
While I love Satriani and like his tone, it's also definitely NOT the sort of sound I go for, and his pickups don't seem to be a terribly good way for me to get there (at least in the bridge position). The PAF Pro is one of my favorite neck pickups ever, but I didn't really get on with the Fred in the bridge.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Yes! Another artist signature pickup!

:dgaf:
I know right? I don't know a single one that appeals to me. They're always tuned to the most ridiculously specific degree that they end up not working for literally anything else other than that artist, in their guitar, with their rig.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I know right? I don't know a single one that appeals to me. They're always tuned to the most ridiculously specific degree that they end up not working for literally anything else other than that artist, in their guitar, with their rig.
Generally I agree. The Suhr Aldrich is an exception.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Generally I agree. The Suhr Aldrich is an exception.
The Duncan Slash set is another, since they took an already fantastic pickup set (Alnico II Pro) and tweaked it to make it better for higher gain.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
You got me curious about the Slash set. How would you describe them?
Lower output than you're probably used to :lol:

I haven't tried them, but I do love the standard A2pros.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Honestly the Alnico II Pro set was hotter than I was expecting based on the reviews of them. They also sound really good like Noodles said. I still have my set I pulled out of my Schecter V-1SE just sitting around lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts