Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I go to the Dimarzio website and do the pickup selector, according to my inputs it get liquifire for the neck and Super D for the bridge. Has anyone had this combo before? I'd be making the swap for stock V7/V8 in a RG570.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
I have a Liquifire in a guitar with a Dominion bridge, great sounding neck pickup. Should be okay with an SD.

That pickup picker thing works pretty well, I usually end up with it showing me pickups I know I like from trial and error. :lol:

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll stick to the liquifire/SD combo then. So my only decision now is color. The 570 is the grey nickle, and I like either the blue or purple or one each. I think a combo with each having blue/purple combo would be nice, but they don't offer in that mix.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I own two liquifires and a few air nortons, and I have to say the Air Norton still just plainly sounds better. It's bassier and has a better attack, much better sounding on fast alternate-picked runs. You really won't go wrong with either, but the AN is the clearly better pickup IMO.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is what I'm thinking, I had to do a custom cut/paste of pickups since couldn't find anything with what I wanted. Which looks best? The single I haven't decided yet but probably will do a matching cover if I don't use the mix of colors.

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
Here is what I'm thinking, I had to do a custom cut/paste of pickups since couldn't find anything with what I wanted. Which looks best? The single I haven't decided yet but probably will do a matching cover if I don't use the mix of colors.

Don't let Rocka see that pickup placement. He will literally explode.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just had a thought. Since I'm replacing the stock v7/S1/v8 with the higher output pickups, I assume I might need to look at a new pot?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just had a thought. Since I'm replacing the stock v7/S1/v8 with the higher output pickups, I assume I might need to look at a new pot?
Swapping out my v7/v8 combo in a week or two, as soon as i'm able to obtain the replacements. :) the guitar they're currently in sounds 10x worse than any of my other guitars. How'd your swap go?

Can you give me any reassurance that switching those things (which i can only now describe as pieces of crap) breathed new life into your guitar?

I opted to go with the air norton/ crunch lab combo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts