Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant to post a thread about this last thursday, but I just now remembered. :lol:

Fried Chicken with Buttermilk Waffles, served with a pepper-infused syrup.

Goddamn. This is at this sort of divey-looking-on-the-outside place called the Starlight Lounge in Somerville that caters to hipsters but we'll still hit it on occasion because it's near where a few friends of mine live, the food's great, and they do a damned good Manhattan.

More to the point, it was written up in a recent Bon Appetit as one of the five best places to get fried chicken in the States, based on this dish.

Evidently, fried chicken with waffles is an old jazz tradition, from when the bands would finish up at like 4AM then go out to eat and not be quite sure if they should get dinner or breakfast, until some enterprising soul answered the question by simply ordering both. Let me just say that, as weird as it sounds, it's fucking awesome in execution, and this really WAS some spectacular fried chicken, despite the shitty blackberry picture.

Reactions: 96

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Note that drew gets this (Wonderful food, yes) from a place that caters to hipsters however

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Fried chicken AND waffles? Bizarre, yet strangely compelling...

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, right? Yet, it totally WORKS.

Max, burn in hell. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts