Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was Buffalo tri-tip, roasted kale, and roasted sweet potatoes with sea salt, pepper, and cayenne.

If you've never had tri-tip, go get some right now. If you've never had buffalo tri-tip, come to Jacksonville and I will cook it for you and your closest friends.

I would say that the flavor and texture (of the buffalo tri-tip) is somewhere near a very marbled ribeye, with almost the spongy texture of a "properly" cooked strip steak. I say properly because I used to work in a steakhouse as a cook and there is a very fine line between cooking a strip right, and completely fucking it up.

Also (for you wine lovers), grab a bottle of Banrock Station. But only if it's $3.99.

There was a sale today at Whole Foods, and these bad boys were $3.99 a piece (regularly $6.99). It's the best $3.99 bottle of wine I've ever had. Hell, it's better than some $15 bottles I've had. It's no Joseph Phelps Insignia or Duckhorn Estate Grown, but it is a great buy at this price point. But let it breathe a good 30 minutes. Go buy a case and give some to your friends and relatives for the holidays.

P.S. I know, I know, we eat off of the stupidest looking plates. But they're plastic and durable, and when we're done eating I can blast "Trifixion" by Deicide and smash them against my face and they don't break.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, re-cook it and take a pic with your D5000, fool. :lol:
Those iPhone pictures don't quite cut it...

Tomorrow night is Penne a la vodka with shrimp and sausage. Maybe a proper pic story with the D5000 is in order, preferably with pictures of the other chef in them.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I approve. :yesway:

I'll try to track down both, as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts