Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out there was one consequence of my guitar abuse at the show last week. :D

The bass side of my bridge pickup doesn't seem to want to seat down when I screw it in. It was knocked loose when the guitar fell, so I suspect that the screw kind of shredded the basswood on its way out and the screw has nothing to grab anymore.

The treble side is alright but seems a little loose. I've compromised by loosening the treble side a touch and then the bass side seems willing to seat, but how do I fix this?

I was thinking of stuffing some toothpick splinters into that little hole and trying to dig in again. Otherwise I can get something slightly larger at a hardware store. Thoughts?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
You could do that or you could just use a slightly bigger screw. Your call.

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
Sounds completley broken and of no further use. :noway:

It just so happens I run a retirement farm called the Git Down Ranch for abused guitars.
For a small amount of money each week, we will give your old beater a good home, to see out its remaining years in comfort.
We can cater for almost any injury sustained by your beloved guitar.
We set up a burns unit after Jimi went a little crazy.
Your guitar will have 24/7 care with several guitar techs on call.

We are on interstate 95, between the horse anus Inn and that old abandoned house Robert the crack head squats in.
Come in and check out the facility. ;)

:p

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I wouldn't even bother with the wood glue, just cram a toothpick in there then screw it in again. I've done this for strap pins and it worked just fine for me.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
yeah, no need for glue. just shove a toothpick or two in there, snap it off flush with the hole, and you're good to go.

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
Use the toothpick method. I tried using a bigger screw and it would hang up on the spring making it harder to move. I ended up using the toothpicks and original screw and it works great. This is in my RG7620 btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts