Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: Imagine wanting to own the libs so hard that you throw away that much money to do it. She was getting her own spin off too. This was like, her 76th warning to not use her social media to share really questionable far right propaganda. Apparently finally the straw that broke the camels back.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/10/...rs-ties-the-mandalorian-gina-carano-cara-dune

Disney has severed ties with Gina Carano, who played Cara Dune on The Mandalorian, the company announced on Wednesday evening.

"Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future," a Lucasfilm spokesperson told The Verge.

Carano has recently come under scrutiny for several posts published on social media, including an anti-Semitic post on her Instagram. Some of the content from Carano's tweets are captured in screenshots, seen below in this tweet. Lucasfilm's spokesperson denounced Carano's social media posts, telling The Verge, "her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable."

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pedro Pascal, in other new, continues to be a nice guy.

The post that did it was so fucking over the top too. :lol: It tried to leapfrog from the valid point of "well, before things like genocide happen, the group in question is dehumanized in propaganda for years before" to straight up Holocaust Denial.

How can you not know the difference between "well, every genocide has been precipitated by the perpetrators dehumanizing the victimized population in propaganda to get to that point, that much is true, but you can share that idea in a better way without using it to further your own reprehensible agenda/victim complex and without a questionable image with a watermark leading you to a shit ton of batshit insane right wing bigotry propaganda" to "well, this clearly means the Nazis did nothing wrong, it was actually Jewish children beating other Jews to death in the street, furthermore, I think the Jews got off easy compared to me, a mistreated conservative."

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'll pay extra for a copy of Mando and Deadpool with her digitally replaced with a human who isn't complete garbage.

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
Good. I wasn't aware she's a terrible person in addition to being a terrible actress.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The utter stupidity of her situation is how Jon Favreau had to go to bat for her a few months back. All she had to do was not Tweet dumb shit, and she couldn’t do it. Hey, here is this machine that prints money, it’s all yours if you can just keep your hands off of the keyboard. Nope, no trans Jews are gonna cancel me!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
:facepalm:

Well, I guess she can go hang out on-screen with the likes of Randy Quaid and Kevin Sorbo now.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Shitty actress, shittier person.

Imagine flushing your career (full of Disney-level money, no less) down the toilet because you couldn't resist letting the world know how hateful you are.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
The utter stupidity of her situation is how Jon Favreau had to go to bat for her a few months back. All she had to do was not Tweet dumb shit, and she couldn't do it. Hey, here is this machine that prints money, it's all yours if you can just keep your hands off of the keyboard. Nope, no trans Jews are gonna cancel me!
People who have those views are, by definition, not reasonable. I don't understand why anyone expects them to change, or is willing to go to bat for them.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:crooks:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The most hilarious part is this was the right wing chud sci fi horde's stance that is martyring her now less than two years ago. :lol: Definitely some "true patriots and reasonable decent people willing to take a stand for what they believe in and stick by it who won't just hop on any bandwagon".

They changed their tune when she managed to win them over with right wing fuckery of course. :lol:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I love every bit of this thing.

- Imagine being part of the Star Wars Universe (!!!), harvesting that big time Disney $$$ (!!!), and then deciding "Well, imma gonna be a dense cunt now and just THROW IT ALL AWAY becuase i feel i must make a holocaust-denial post, insult Pedro Pascal's family and just showing my flag of rightwing hate." Cause tHaT wIlL sHoW tHeM!!11!

- the rightwinger cunts on facebook, that usually are white males and have a selfie of them in their car with sunglasses on as a profile pic, and some 'murica stars and stripes banner as background, that were a few months ago still on the rampage how a strong woman can be in a lead, now hashtagging I STAND WITH MEIN FRAU STEPMOMMY.

- the same ones usually scream "STICK WITH ACTING, NO ONES INTERESTED IN YOUR LEFTARD AGENDA!!!!" at any actor/msuician/artist that makes a statement beuacse of politics that directly affect him very negative.

- the salty tears of all those right wing cunts. they taste so good.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
the rightwinger cunts on facebook, that usually are white males and have a selfie of them in their car with sunglasses on as a profile pic
lmao this is incredibly spot on.

Edit: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp...st-mccarthyism.html?__twitter_impression=true

I admittedly have a long-standing grudge against Jonathan Chait (he gets paid a lot of money to always be completely wrong about everything, is my main issue), but this is something.

Many of the reports of Carano's termination string together the trumped-up offense of her post about Nazism with a series of controversial posts. The worst of them is a post insinuating elections are rife with voter fraud and should impose photo ID - a claim that, while provably false, is also a standard-issue Republican belief.

...The remainder of her case history seems to consist of commonly held beliefs.
A lot of people believe (noxious, harmful thing), therefore we have to allow it within the range of acceptable opinions! I am a brain genius.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Cancel Culture strikes again.
I'm with you. I don't think this is a good thing at all. I couldn't care less about her acting or the Mandalorian, but this 'she said things I don't like so mob her until fired/cancelled" is fucking stupid.

I think Alex Jones is a nut, but I also think he has a right to say what he wants....and I have the right not to listen. WTF people?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'm with you. I don't think this is a good thing at all. I couldn't care less about her acting or the Mandalorian, but this 'she said things I don't like so mob her until fired/cancelled" is fucking stupid.

I think Alex Jones is a nut, but I also think he has a right to say what he wants....and I have the right not to listen. WTF people?
There's saying dumb shit, like, "I think apples belong in beer, and spaghetti is just as good from a can as it is from a nice restaurant," and then there's, "I'm being treated like a Jew in 1940's Germany."

There is a difference in being dumb, and being viciously ignorant of historical facts and experiences.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Are you inferring that someone took away his "right to say what he wants"? He got banned from certain platforms, all owned by private companies, specifically for violating their user agreements. The first amendment of the United States does not mean you can literally say anything you want with zero consequences. It mainly just protects you from the government. In some countries, if you criticize the leader or the party in power, you could be put in prison. The first amendment protects you from stuff like that. It does not prevent YouTube from being able to ban you for "child endangerment," "bullying," "hate speech," and other stuff that violates their terms of service.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts

Companies don't want morons representing their brand and Disney is especially hardcore about this. If it was actually a Disney employee and not on Star Wars they'd have been shitcanned way faster.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Companies don't want morons representing their brand and Disney is especially hardcore about this. If it was actually a Disney employee and not on Star Wars they'd have been shitcanned way faster.
Well I saw somewhere the star of the show posted some questionable stuff and nothing happened to him. I just don't like it, think it's a slippery slope.

Free speach means sometimes you have to let the garbage spew too not just what you like to hear.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts