Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muse fans: do you guys consider "The Resistance" a good disk? I've got it, given it a couple weeks, but damn, I just don't fracking get it. I just don't enjoy it whatsoever.

For comparison, I thought this song was pretty damn awesome:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not their best. :agreed:

The thing about Muse is that, despite the huge arrangements and seeming pretentiousness, it's kind of all a big joke to them. That album was kind of their Queen tribute. It's grown on me, but still think either "Origin of Symmetry" or "Absolution" is my favourite. I love all their albums, though.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I've only heard a couple of songs off "The Resistance" and neither made me want to hear the rest of the album, since i'm very much NOT a Queen fan.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only heard a couple of songs off "The Resistance" and neither made me want to hear the rest of the album, since i'm very much NOT a Queen fan.
I love Queen, one of my favorite bands from my high school days, and this is NOT a good tribute if that's what it's supposed to be.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I would start with "Absolution" (IMHO their best album) and then "Origin of Symmetry."

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
"The Resistance" is not their strongest stuff. It's grown on me a bit, but lacks a lot of the fire of Absolution-era stuff.

Awesome music video, great song:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Resistance has a few good tracks, but all in all is just a decent disk that i wouldnt bother changing, but id never actively put on. The hullabaloo soundtrack and absolution own face. Also, 99% of my respect for them comes from live shows. Horrifyingly wonderful live shows.

·
18,790 Posts
I love Queen, one of my favorite bands from my high school days, and this is NOT a good tribute if that's what it's supposed to be.
I wouldn't say it's a good tribute, just has some tongue-in-cheek Queen tribute moments, really. It's kind of their tongue-in-cheek rock opera album. "Origin of Symmetry" is a really solid power-trio type album, "Absolution" is their best "big" album, and everything since has had some good songs but hasn't been as solid overall as those two (thankfully I saw them on the "Absolution" tour on Hallowe'en in a tiny club here in town, and it blew my fucking mind).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If you can watch their "Live at Wembley" DVD, it's fucking incredible. One of those bands I *need* to see live.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
On topic, I don't mind what I've heard from this album, but I absolutely can't stand this song.

I do like most of Muse's stuff, though. Absolution is a really good CD.

·
18,790 Posts
Some awesome Muse videos from those two albums:

Absolution:
(note, the url of this video ends with "o_o" which seems appropriate :rofl: )​

Hand me a bass plugged into a fuzzed out amp and I always have to play this song, can't help it :lol:​

Origin Of Symmetry

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
My favorite of theirs, by a *long* shot, is Origin of Symmetry. The next is probably (the last few songs of) Showbiz, then Absolution, then the other two as they came out. I'm still not getting the newest one at all.

Jeff

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I'm far from beeing a Queen fan but I really liked "The Resistance". It's a great album IMO. :shrug: :lol:
I should give their previous records a couple more spins. I have them, but got stuck on the "Resistance", wich is the record I discovered them with..

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I haven't really liked anything they've done since after Origin of Symettry.

That album was pure class but since then everything they've done has bored me completely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts