21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squier Vintage Modified '77 Jazz: $299.

:drool:

Reactions: Samer and Randy

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I used to have a 5 string Squier Jazz Bass that sounded and played tits, but it got stolen out the back door of a club we were playing way back when. :(

I'd be all over that.

·
18,790 Posts
Shit :eek: If I'm in the market for a cheap 4-string in the near-ish future (which I may be) I'll have to take a look at those. Looks like a Duncan Design version of the Quarter Pounders in there too :yum: This thing's just begging to be abused by a hard hitting punk/metal bassist.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's also a natural Precision with maple neck for $279.

I can guarantee if you play a few of these to find a good one, it will beat the pants off of an MIM for half the price.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Squier Vintage Modified '77 Jazz: $299.

:drool:

they fuckin suck. I dont know what it is, but they play awful, the only useable setting is the neck wide open sans bridge, and then it sounds like a weird precision. Its a shame, cause on paper theyre great instruments. I dunno how they got it so wrong.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
ahhh, josh has corrected me, i was thinking of the maple bodied version

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which is funny, cause I've had good luck with the maple bodied ones in stores :lol:

Ahh Squier... just make sure you try before you buy.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Which is funny, cause I've had good luck with the maple bodied ones in stores :lol:

Ahh Squier... just make sure you try before you buy.
My maple bodied one is great, apart from the one slightly off fret, but otherwise, the build quality is great, and it sounds pretty damn good. Excellent for the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts