QFT :agreed:Definition of UGLY
- ug·li·ly \-glə-lē\ adverb
- frightful, dire
- offensive to the sight
- offensive or unpleasant to any sense
- morally offensive or objectionable <corruption-the ugliest stain of all>
- likely to cause inconvenience or discomfort <the ugly truth>
- surly, quarrelsome <an ugly disposition>
Examples of UGLY
- an ugly shade of green
- They avoided what could have been an ugly situation.
- He has an ugly disposition.
- That Guitar
Origin of UGLY
Middle English, from Old Norse uggligr, from uggr fear; akin to Old Norse ugga to fear, also see: Schecter guitars.
First Known Use: 13th century