Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to enable LeCab2 on my monitor in Reaper x64?

I can hear the IR's I've loaded when I play back recorded tracks, but I want to hear the impulses when I'm not recording, so I can audition some etc before I start.

That would also be super useful for day to day jamming through an amp :yesway:

I assume it can be done, but I've no idea where this setting is. Does anyone know what the setting is called so I can google it? Or point me in the direction if its something simple?

:ugh:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys I'll take a look. my reaper doesn't have that option on my master so i'll see if there is an update for me.

wait....

dragged the window across slightly..

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It's just hidden because your track view is too narrow.

You can also right-click the recording arm button and select "monitor input."

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks guys, I'm almost there. the last thing to do is turn off the dry signal so I can just hear the IR signal, as I'm getting both at the same time. it sounds huge, but there is the tiniest amount of latency between the two.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'd imagine the dry signal is coming directly through your interface (it's probably advertised as "zero latency monitoring" or somesuch).

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd imagine the dry signal is coming directly through your interface (it's probably advertised as "zero latency monitoring" or somesuch).
ah yes, my pod is acting as the sound card - so its handling the amp in signal, sending that via USB to the PC, and the PC is sending back to the pod and out of the headphone socket for monitoring. Im probably hearing its original signal before it goes USB out, as well as the post signal. I'm not sure if there is a way around that, but thanks for all your help man.

You too Lee.

Much love :wub:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
It depends on your interface, but some can't disable live monitoring in Reaper. My 11R is that way and it's a huge pain in the dick.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It depends on your interface, but some can't disable live monitoring in Reaper. My 11R is that way and it's a huge pain in the dick.
Hey man not sure if you know of this setting but in the audio driver set up in reaper just turn the hardware monitor level off and bingo! I assume other DAWs work in a similar way.

Sorry about the crap pic, but this might help anyone else in a similar boat.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Yeah, you can't do that with an 11R and Reaper. It's not a big deal to me anymore, though, as I have a proper interface on the way.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Cobra Commander said:
Hey man not sure if you know of this setting but in the audio driver set up in reaper just turn the hardware monitor level off and bingo! I assume other DAWs work in a similar way.

Sorry about the crap pic, but this might help anyone else in a similar boat.

That's kinda weird. I can't defeat my interface's hardware monitoring from a third party DAW. I'm surprised any can do that.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
If you use Pro Tools with the 11R you can do the same thing, but that's because Avid crippled a few of the features if you're using a separate DAW. Pretty weird.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah but the only way I could get there was through reaper preferences, and then the asio line 6 driver set up.

I couldnt set that outside of reaper.

looks like line 6 know how to make a decent driver at least :fawk:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried that, but it takes you to the pod set up, but that doesn't have those settings in. I spent about an hour looking for them that way, and found it in less than a minute in reaper preferences.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts