Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one may hit home for a few of our teachers/students across the forum.

I teach guitar. Enough where I could probably do it full time, but choose to keep a part time job as well - Just in case a lot of students quit at once.

Long story short: Cold/Flu season is coming up. I've had 2 students come in today coughing with snot dripping from their nose.

If you're sick - don't come to your lesson. Call your teacher to tell them, of course, but just take the makeup lesson once you feel better. It's way easier for a teacher to make up a few lessons with one person than have to make up 30-40 because some kid got them sick.

I realize this is pretty ranty, but still. Discuss.

To mods: Not entirely sure where this one would go. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I see it as an unavoidable part of the teaching gig.

Isn't it true that people are most contagious just before they manifest their cold & flu symptoms anyway?

If it's any consolation when I started teaching 20 years ago I'd catch a cough or cold or flu every other month or so, but you can only catch each virus once and then your immune system has anti-bodies for it. Since those early years I hardly ever catch cold/flu bugs at all. :yesway:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts